Thailand and Iran celebrate 400 years of relationship

webfact

On 3/22/2021 at 7:25 PM, Pilotman said:

I love who Thailand chooses as its valued mates; China, Iran, Myanmar; what a bunch of crooks and terrorists.  

I was considering a "Buy an Iranian a beer" campaign to celebrate the anniversary. Sounds like I should count you out????

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, bermondburi said:

Suggest you take off your rose tinted specs re the Thai government. They ain't angels either when it comes to other religions.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tak_Bai_incident

https://www.hrw.org/news/2006/04/28/thailand-investigate-krue-se-mosque-raid

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/7846570.stm

https://www-bbc-co-uk.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/world-asia-40652012?amp_js_v=a6&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQHKAFQArABIA%3D%3D#aoh=16166733315098&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From %1%24s

Personally, I like to separate actions of the state from actions of the people. 

Been living in Saudi Arabia the past ten years now, probably doesn't have the greatest human rights record etc, but it's not the people's fault. Had nothing but great hospitality and friendliness shown to me.

Was in Burma around 20 years ago under the Junta. Had a great time. Great people.

Don't judge a country by the actions of its government.

With Iran and some other countries one cannot separate actions of people from the state.

In Denmark how many would come out to march on the street to chant  death to XXX country, or XXX people? In Norway, how many people would come to take part in mass hate to walk on flags and to burn effigies of foreign leaders?  In Australia, how many would come out to celebrate, or even accept the hanging of teenage boy from crane in public area? In Iran the people do this.  They laugh and celebrate in their blood lust mob. No, I do not accept your excuse for a country which is  populated by a majority of people who want people who do not accept their religion to be dead.

You make excuse for your own behavior. That is your moral burden to manage. What I know is what Thailand does here is wrong and must be called out. And yes, you are correct, Thailand has many failings on human rights. However, no one is persecuted for being Christian, or Kurd, or non believer. No Thai has ever threatened to kill me because I do not accept religion. The Thai government will not arrest and torture me because I disagree.  I also know that when there is human injustice in Thailand it is not state sponsored, but is individual and group responsibility. For all their faults, Thai people have compassion and the majority of the people will not accept cruelty to others or public flogging or public execution for entertainment. Thailand government is associating with terrorist criminal state. Iran government is responsible for murder of Ukraine airline passengers and Thailand should not engage with terror state until Iran accepts responsibility.  No one in Iran protests this, but they will go out to protest imagined insult of cartoon.

Edited by Patong2021

24 minutes ago, Patong2021 said:

With Iran and some other countries one cannot separate actions of people from the state.

In Denmark how many would come out to march on the street to chant  death to XXX country, or XXX people? In Norway, how many people would come to take part in mass hate to walk on flags and to burn effigies of foreign leaders?  In Australia, how many would come out to celebrate, or even accept the hanging of teenage boy from crane in public area? In Iran the people do this.  They laugh and celebrate in their blood lust mob. No, I do not accept your excuse for a country which is  populated by a majority of people who want people who do not accept their religion to be dead.

You make excuse for your own behavior. That is your moral burden to manage. What I know is what Thailand does here is wrong and must be called out. And yes, you are correct, Thailand has many failings on human rights. However, no one is persecuted for being Christian, or Kurd, or non believer. No Thai has ever threatened to kill me because I do not accept religion. The Thai government will not arrest and torture me because I disagree.  I also know that when there is human injustice in Thailand it is not state sponsored, but is individual and group responsibility. For all their faults, Thai people have compassion and the majority of the people will not accept cruelty to others or public flogging or public execution for entertainment. Thailand government is associating with terrorist criminal state. Iran government is responsible for murder of Ukraine airline passengers and Thailand should not engage with terror state until Iran accepts responsibility.  No one in Iran protests this, but they will go out to protest imagined insult of cartoon.

Nope, wasn't making any excuses because I've done nothing wrong. 

And I don't have any moral burden. I sleep just fine at night.