New Motorbike Honda Click Type V's Conventional?

The Mrs wants a motorbike ( no 2nd hand ones or platinums I havent a hope in hel_l of pulling off that trick )

The choice is daunting. The use would be for the odd short trips around town, save getting the car out. Main riders.. mrs and her sister and me the occaisional passenger.

Mrs has mentioned the honda click, i think they have an odd riding position and would naturally incline towards the more tradional style of say the honda wave etc.

Any experience pros/ cons to pass on would be appreciated.

waves look older.. Thais turn thier nose up at them despite them being one of the best types out there..

hi there ... i bought a new click last september and have had no problems uses a bit more fuel being auto but its comfy enough and i,m a little over 100kg never let me down yet ... touch wood ....martyn.

The Click sucks...small wheels, overall too small....maybe ok for the average Thai, but I would prefer a Wave as well. Personally I have a Yamaha Nuovo, and very satisfied with it.

A lady friend has a Click; she says she doesnt like it; says its too heavy, and to be honest it does seem heavy. How about a Fino, very retro looking. Or the new Mio restyled. Thing I dont like about the Mio/Fino is the single shock absorber at the back; looks cheapscate and I wonder is its enough with three Thais on the bike? However, Click is water cooled, unlike the Yamaha's (that reminds me some rotter stole my radiator cap off my NSR today; why? it was only 40 baht for a new one).

My girlfriend bought a 2nd hand Suzuki Smash 110. Really goes and feels more modern, balanced and tuned than a Wave. For long term durability I think you need to buy a step through (Wave, etc); not convinced all these CVT automatics are long lasting.

Best thing is try a couple of bikes out and buy what you like? If you are unsure, buy a Wave :o

My girlfriend bought a 2nd hand Suzuki Smash 110. Really goes and feels more modern, balanced and tuned than a Wave. ....

yeah but is Smash really a good name for a bike? :o

want to know outcome of tests, plz post when all are tested out highchol.

i have a 1.5 yr old wave125i w/ fuel injection. bought before automatics were all the rage. its cool factor has since dropped to near zero. however, it has absolutely no problems and gets 50 km/l - no kidding. i think i can live without the admiring looks of thai teens (*). in a way it's better 'cause it won't get stolen when there's an air blade next to it.

my only experience with autos was a rented mio, I think an older model, gas mileage was terrible and it was a bit small, but otherwise really OK.

(*) as I still have my good looks to fall back to... :D

Edited by nikster

Mio, Click, Nouvo, Air Blade are all really easy to ride. Small wheels add the their manauverabilty (but don't help my spelling). Waves are good, too, but who wants to change gear if you don't have to. I have a Nouvo and love it. It's fast, comfy, reliable and practical. I've only been on bikes for 24 years and 7 in Bangkers, though.

Good luck.

Mio, Click, Nouvo, Air Blade are all really easy to ride. Small wheels add the their manauverabilty (but don't help my spelling). Waves are good, too, but who wants to change gear if you don't have to. I have a Nouvo and love it. It's fast, comfy, reliable and practical. I've only been on bikes for 24 years and 7 in Bangkers, though.

Good luck.

Who wants to change gears? People that enjoy riding ..... People that live near hills ..... People that like to have more control when passing etc :o

Good luck.

Who wants to change gears? People that enjoy riding ..... People that live near hills ..... People that like to have more control when passing etc :o

I think after 24 years of being on a bike, we can afford him the luxury of toddling along like a bluehead in a Cadillac.

Good luck.

I think after 24 years of being on a bike, we can afford him the luxury of toddling along like a bluehead in a Cadillac.

LOL ... well some people just want to get somewhere ... and some people LIKE to have fun getting there :D

The Mrs wants a motorbike ( no 2nd hand ones or platinums I havent a hope in hel_l of pulling off that trick )

The choice is daunting. The use would be for the odd short trips around town, save getting the car out. Main riders.. mrs and her sister and me the occaisional passenger.

Mrs has mentioned the honda click, i think they have an odd riding position and would naturally incline towards the more tradional style of say the honda wave etc.

Any experience pros/ cons to pass on would be appreciated.

Click is a good bike for the purposes you mention.

They suck on gas.

One big plus for the ever popular Honda Wave , but driving an automatic really gets you spoiled.

For 30-50k new i really don't feel that the fully auto bikes are worth these prices. I agree with some of the others that the Wave/Dream is a good make. Not only do they have enough power to get out of the way, they are good on gas and have the largest market, therefore repair costs are dirt cheap. I don't mean to pry, but the no second hand sounds like a desire to say "This is new".

For 30-50k new i really don't feel that the fully auto bikes are worth these prices. I agree with some of the others that the Wave/Dream is a good make. Not only do they have enough power to get out of the way, they are good on gas and have the largest market, therefore repair costs are dirt cheap. I don't mean to pry, but the no second hand sounds like a desire to say "This is new".

My Mrs says that she can make it to the local 7-11faster on a new bike than on a 2nd hand one..... thus colder beer.....

Good enuff for me. :o

I brought a nouvo last september and had no trouble its a good bike had its first service 3 weeks ago total cost oil change and checks 170 baht , drives well on the roads and as for fuel well yes it uses abit more than manuals but this is thailand the price of fuel is so cheap,

oh and had a new inner tube fitted 120 baht crazy price's :o

Took the Air Blade out again today. Only had it a couple of weeks. Love the full automatic. Don't understand about control when passing; I just twist the throttle and pass.

The OP said the main riders would be women; almost always the women like the full autos more.

Get the click.

If it's for the women, then get the auto. As mentioned above, for serious misers who like to drive creatively, you can't beat the Honda Wave (Dream rides smoother though). Cheap as hel_l to run and fix, and having gears allows you more ability to drop gear for the torque, etc. giving you more zip when necessary. Everyman bike, that's the cool factor for me.

My Mrs says that she can make it to the local 7-11faster on a new bike than on a 2nd hand one..... thus colder beer.....

Good enuff for me. :o

######, logic wins again....

:D

A few months ago I rented a 135cc Yamaha Spark. Wow, it really moves. Out on the highway I was passing trucks at 120kph and it could have gone faster but there was no way I was going any faster. But I'm six feet tall (183cm) and in town all the shifting with the left foot gets tiresome because I have to twist my back to do it. And it was a gas hog, though I suspect it wasn't tuned up very well. And it only had 6,000k on it but was already hard to kickstart.

Now I'm renting a Honda Click Air Blade and it is a joy to ride around town and on winding mountain roads (Doi Sutep). It's just fun. Because there is no shifting it is much more comfortable and it feels stable and very manueverable. Other posters have mentioned its heaviness but I suspect that's why it feels more stable when it's windy than a Honda Dream. Acceleration from 0 to 60 is quiet and very impressive. The disappointing thing is that on the open highway it only goes 90kph. Mind you, with those small tires 90 is probably as fast as one should go but does anyone else have one that has a higher top speed?

A few months ago I rented a 135cc Yamaha Spark. Wow, it really moves. Out on the highway I was passing trucks at 120kph and it could have gone faster but there was no way I was going any faster. But I'm six feet tall (183cm) and in town all the shifting with the left foot gets tiresome because I have to twist my back to do it. And it was a gas hog, though I suspect it wasn't tuned up very well. And it only had 6,000k on it but was already hard to kickstart.

Now I'm renting a Honda Click Air Blade and it is a joy to ride around town and on winding mountain roads (Doi Sutep). It's just fun. Because there is no shifting it is much more comfortable and it feels stable and very manueverable. Other posters have mentioned its heaviness but I suspect that's why it feels more stable when it's windy than a Honda Dream. Acceleration from 0 to 60 is quiet and very impressive. The disappointing thing is that on the open highway it only goes 90kph. Mind you, with those small tires 90 is probably as fast as one should go but does anyone else have one that has a higher top speed?

Honda Click = step thru

Honda Air Blade = non step thru

different bikes

For just running a couple of K down the road I would use my automatic click, for anything longer I would use my wave, I would only ever consider buying Honda when it comes to bikes as the build quality of any other brand falls short of the big H. Using the hook behind the handlebars on the click I can carry far more and be more stable than using front mounted basket on the wave this is also an important safety factor at night as the front light will not be obscured by anything that you are carrying. Your feet will not get so wet in the rain or when you go through puddles on the click. There is less gyroscopic force, thats what keeps you feeling balanced being produced on the click / blade compared to a wave because it has smaller wheels, it needs to go faster to give it the same stability. The suspension is far more sophisticated on the click / blade compared to the wave but that would need to be the case to compensate for smaller wheels and the unsprung weight of the engine. From a standstill the click seems to accellerate faster and there is not much advantage for overtaking in the wave 110.

Edited by Buckaroo

Honda Click = step thru

Honda Air Blade = non step thru

different bikes

What is this step thru thing? I am just about to buy an automatic motorbike and I am trying to get as much info as I can and Ive never seen step thru beeing mentioned.

So what does it really mean? ( I hope its not to dumb question)

Thanks!

step-through comes from step through the gears, not the bike!

If it came from the bike, Lambrettas and Vespas would be step-throughs.

Sorry, I'd agree with JD. Step thorough refers to the gap between the seat and the handle bars

Geoffphuket

theres obviously two camps here

Stept-through ....how you get on the thing

step-through.... clutchless gear change.

maybe to avoid confusion the terms could be adjusted a little to say:-

leg-through ( for click and scooter types )

leg-over ( for waves and conventional types )

After my Mrs has tried the click ( leg-through ) I'm going to have a hard job trying to convince her waves ( leg-over ) is better.

If I go ahead and buy a wave it would be fair to assume Id be waving any chance of a leg-over...

:o

Edited by highchol

Thought step through referred to the gears. This is very interesting; maybe someone has the time to confirm it via some research on the Internet :o

don't know if links are allowed here, if not the mods can remove.

www.thescooterguys.com

also talks about mopeds which I think are cool. when I was a kid some of my friends had them. if you ran out of gas or had an engine failure for some reason you could just pedal your bike home, cool!

it's pretty obvious step-thru has NOTHING TO DO with the gears.