Certificate of Residency

Hello,

I am financing a new car and the dealership told me I need to have a certificate of residency. I'm American and live in Bangkok. I was told there are two ways:

Option A-US Embassy (I believe this is a hand written affidavit?) 

Option B-A letter from landlord, A visit to the immigration in the province of my work, followed by a visit to  Chaengwattana

Option A seemed easier so I scheduled an appointment  to the US embassy for next week but I'm not sure what exactly I need from them, especially if it's a self-declared affidavit. Does anyone have any advice/experience with this? 

Thanks,

-Sam

If you live in Bangkok, I would have just attended Muang Thong Thani immigration (Bangkok) and obtained one there. The main thing they want is previous 90 day report.

BTW if you have a 90 report coming up you could have done that at same office then obtained the Residence certificate.

The desks are adjacent.

If USA is anything like Oz embassy take your wallet along. Not cheap.

RC at immigration is 200baht. Takes a week give or take and it's mailed to you with tracking.

Edited by DrJack54

the US Embassy had a PDF file on their website that could be filled in and once presented at the Embassy they'll stamp and sign.  Cost was $50.

I recently obtained the RC from my immigration office (SamutPrakran) after filling in a form, usual passport copies and 2 photos. I paid 500B and got the RC in about 10 mins