Changing COE based on visa exemption to COE based on non-imm O

I've just received pre-approval for COE based on visa exemption (took 5d).

But now I want to use a non-immigrant O visa (which I'll collect in 2d) to enter Thailand.

Would it be quick and easy to change the existing COE, or should I start a new COE application?

I'll be flying into Bangkok on 5 April 2021 (in 12d).

Two options:

1) You’ve already received Pre-Approval, so final approval is based on submission of your flights and ASQ booking. Upon entry into Thailand you still pass through Immigration and can simply use your Non-Imm O visa at immigration and receive your 90 days entry.

2) Alternatively you can ignore your current application and start over again resubmitting your initial documentation along with Non-Imm O visa (no issues doing this, people would have to re-submit documentation if they have made a mistake)

Option 2 could be tight given that you may only have 5 business days remaining after you receive your visa and before travel.

Thus - do both options:

Submit your flight and ASQ documents and receive your CoE (based on Visa exempt) - hold that CoE as backup. 

As soon as you receive your Non-Imm O Visa, submit another application for CoE. If that is processed in time use that, if it is not processed in time, revert to using your initial CoE. 

Slightly same-same but nid-noi different - I’m holding CoE for next week, but am about to switch my ASQ to one which is more responsive about the reduction to 10 day quarantine (and hopefully one where the pool can be used after the first PCR test result, which no hotel as confirmed yet)

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 2