COVID extension time again, any reason to worry?

I think I'm on my 5th covid extension now. Due to expire on 30th March. I went to jomtien immigration yesterday and got another "under consideration" stamp until 21st April.

I think there was an extra form to fill in, so 4 in total. Usual extension form, overstay declaration, multi choice covid form and a form asking why you want to stay, which I wrote "covid extension".

I have had 3 or 4 extensions on the amnesty COVID system.  I have had no problems or issues at all until I went yesterday to extend again...I live in the South and Phang Nga is where I go for visa stamp.  I was told that the new regulations require a booked flight to the home country or a letter from the embassy stating that is it not possible to get a flight.  lucky for me I went 6 days early.  I was able to book a flight on 21 May.  The person helping me at immigration said that it is his understanding that this new regulation will be in effect until 25 May.  I would not wait until the last day and risk over stay fines of 500 THB a day 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, haroldg1248 said:

I was told that the new regulations require a booked flight to the home country or a letter from the embassy stating that is it not possible to get a flight. 

Funny that there are MANY folk obtaining 60 day covid extensions currently. Have not seen ONE post along the lines of your account.

Then you post "I was told......."

Told by who? Some random io. Means zip.

What new regulations? Basically dream time.

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Funny that there are MANY folk obtaining 60 day covid extensions currently. Have not seen ONE post along the lines of your account.

Then you post "I was told......."

Told by who? Some random io. Means zip.

What new regulations? Basically dream time.

Yes DrJack, myself being one (60 day covid). I filed mine yesterday at Jomtien as per my above post. It was exactly the same as my previous 5 or so extensions.

Nothing about a flight out or embassy letter was needed. It was just the same as the previous ones, being given an "under consideration" stamp like all the other extensions.

From memory, the second extension I did need the embassy letter, which I did get. But that was only asked for that one time.  Since then I have used the form to declare my reason to stay was due to covid, a multiple choice check box form.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, mxer90 said:

Jack, myself being one (60 day covid). I filed mine yesterday at Jomtien as per my above post. It was exactly the same as my previous 5 or so extensions.

Guessing you just  signed the "affidavit" and ticked reason "covid-19"?

Jomtien same as many offices perhaps have their own requirements. 

If possible can you outline what you provided. 

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Guessing you just  signed the "affidavit" and ticked reason "covid-19"?

Jomtien same as many offices perhaps have their own requirements. 

If possible can you outline what you provided. 

Yes, as you say. Multiple choice form, I ticked reason, covid. I didn't provide anything other than filling in the forms (no embassy letter or flight ticket).

5 hours ago, CFCjeff said:

I got my third 60 day covid extension last week till 29th May, nothing about under consideration.  No mention of letter or flight booking.

Hi Jeff,

What type of visa did you arrive on?  If a Tourist or Visa Exempt, then i'm interested in knowing more.  

What immigration office did you receive a 60 day covid extension without having to return after 14 days for a final stamp?

9 hours ago, Jaymatheson said:

Hi Jeff,

What type of visa did you arrive on?  If a Tourist or Visa Exempt, then i'm interested in knowing more.  

What immigration office did you receive a 60 day covid extension without having to return after 14 days for a final stamp?

I read in a FB group that Samui had done some without having to make a 2nd trip back.

5 hours ago, smily said:

I went to Si Racha immigration today for extension. They said I needed embassy letter. Has anyone been to Jomtien today? Can you confirm no letter needed? 

Not today, but I went on Wednesday. No embassy letter needed 

9 hours ago, audaciousnomad said:

I read in a FB group that Samui had done some without having to make a 2nd trip back.

Can confirm, I went on Thursday for a COIVD visa. Whole thing was finalised within a couple of hours, no under consideration stamp. Furthermore, no TM30 required, and they timed the 60 days to start from the expiration of my visa, not from the day I visited the office.

3 hours ago, mxer90 said:

Not today, but I went on Wednesday. No embassy letter needed 

I went today to Jomtien. No problem. No letter needed. Don't know why they are asking in Si Racha. 

19 hours ago, Jaymatheson said:

Hi Jeff,

Non immigrant o visa as im married to a thai.   Office in Sakon Nakhon.