New Immigration office on Pahonyothin Rd?

Sorry if I missed the news, but just came across a YouTube video saying a new Bangkok Immigration office is opening (later this year?) on Pahonyothin Rd near the Crime Supression Office of the police? The video is useless on info about this new office at 14m20s into video?

What's the story, is CW closing down, is it an additional alternative or will I need to still continue to use CW to do my annual retirement extensions?

Thanks.

Yes, the 2011 floods can happen again. All it will take is the right combination of Typhons blowing across Vietnam and Cambodia with Government officials too busy kowtowing to a new government to do their jobs. I do not believe there has been any real improvement in drainage.

That was an informative video. I learned some things I never knew... ???? I lived and worked in that Chatuchak/Phaholyothin area from Jan 1998-Dec 2000. Mind you I was 'working' and did not get out much.

Thank You!!

Thanks for reply. The video shows a new immigration office and the vlogger says we can get out annual extensions there later this year, but I don't think he really knows!? I asked him on Youtube and he said he'd follow up.

Still curious why there is this new building when CW is already there? Will we have two options?

228151405_Screenshot2021-03-29152154.jpg.72664488a50181d83e18227df731262d.jpg

2 hours ago, Hamus Yaigh said:

Thanks for reply. The video shows a new immigration office and the vlogger says we can get out annual extensions there later this year, but I don't think he really knows!? I asked him on Youtube and he said he'd follow up.

It is a new office for the Immigration Bureau that is now located on Suan Phlu.

Map: https://goo.gl/maps/ReUcuw63PDtnDce18

Not sure they will be moving Immigration Division 1 from Chaeng Wattana.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The first time I went to Central LP was in the mid 90's - WOW, some big changes since then.  

The flood of 2011 was something but the worst rain storm I have ever encountered here was in May 1995 - I was at a restaurant near Sukhumwit 39.  Going in to eat the water was still on the soi, when we came out it was up to the door sill.  I took off my shoes (they were a new pair of Clarkes), hung them around my neck and walked all the way to the railroad tracks on Ploenchit before the water was shallow enough for any traffic and found a taxi to take me home.  The taxi floor was flooded with water!  There were pictures in the paper showing the water up to the seats in the bus stops, people just standing on them rather than sitting.  I think they had about 15-17 inches of rainfall in that storm which lasted about 24 hours.