Khmer books from 1960-1975 set for reprint

geovalin

The publication committee of the Khmer Writers’ Association is collecting copies of all of the Khmer-language publications printed between 1960 and 1975 in order to reprint selected works and make them available for distribution as a means of promoting national literacy in Cambodia.

Lek Chumnor, the director of Khmer Book Publishing and vice-president of the Khmer Writers’ Association, told The Post on March 28 that his association will first publish four books this year including a novel published in 1972 written by Im Chhum and the novel Mealea Duong Chet written by Nou Hach.

“The purpose of this publication is to disseminate outstanding [Khmer-language] works so the public can get to know them and learn from them. It’s also to promote and encourage literacy in Cambodia in a way that is broadly based on books written in a standardised [Khmer] language,” he said.

read more https://www.phnompenhpost.com/national/khmer-books-1960-1975-set-reprint

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/29/2021 at 3:48 AM, geovalin said:

It’s also to promote and encourage literacy in Cambodia in a way that is broadly based on books written in a standardised [Khmer] language,” he said.

i tried to learn khmer by myself, but i gave up, too challenging ????