Is it worth the risk?

im looking at maybe investing (1200000-1700000baht) in a condo .ive been thinking a small 1 bedroom condo in either bkk ,pattaya, hua hin.im looking for honesty opinions is it worth the risk and which would be the best location in terms of potential growth .thx in advance  :o

potential growth
If you are thinking of an increase in value for a condo by this question can only say you had better buy someplace you can unload to unaware foreigners as few others would ever consider buying a used condo (or even living in one if they had any other choice).  As you are not talking low price housing here I would not even consider it unless you intended to live there most of the time.  Very, very few condos are run in a manner that will keep the property viable for more than a few years.

I agree with Lopburi (again) but I am surprised at the price   you are expecting to pay for a "small one bed condo"

My friend (thai) has recently bought a two bed condo in BKK for only 300,000.  Bought it from the bank so it was probably  a repo job but it is brand new.

Buying a condo for 1 million to 2 million baht is at the bottom end of the market in the area's you are looking at.

The only way to buy is live in the area for at least 6 months and see first hand what the problems are accociated with that area:  ie floods,  stray dogs, and the yaba freaks looking for a place to sleep ( like yours ) when you are not there.

As for investment, just look at the proporties on the market and wonder why they have been for sale so long?  keep your cash in the bank and rent!!

Sev

:cool: