Pleasant trip to Nonthaburi Immigration - hope it is a sign of things to come!

I need to go to Nonthaburi next week..I hope they don't regress to old form. Now if they could only move the office to a civilized location instead of buried in no man's land we might actually have something.

My trip to Jomtien was similar, for first 1 year extension in Feb, they were so helpful ( I did things wrong) and then my 90 day in March, same in and out very fast... IO have been nice people and very pleasant.

It’s a pleasure to hear good reports!  I’ve been coming to Thailand for business and holidays for 20 years.  I’m now retired and have been living in Chiang Rai for 2 1/2 years.  I’ve never had any issues with the immigration people here.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Maybe a part of their new campaign to lure more foreign retirees to Thailand post-pandemic to revive the economy; reports the govt is considering relaxing home ownership restrictions and streamlining the visa/renewal process.

Well they could IMHO make a start in streamlining the visa/renewal process by reversing decisions made over the past couple of years or so to impose (1) a ridiculous health insurance requirement on retirees holding original or current non-OA visas, (2) a specific obligation on embassies to verify monthly 65k+ income (in the hope that the American, Australian and British embassies will then reinstate their income confirmation services) and (3) year-round seasoning for retirees using the 800k method.

Edited by OJAS
  • Like 1

On 4/1/2021 at 1:20 PM, Rhacsyn said:

Hi

Had a similar pleasant experience at Phuket immigration this morning. My 90 day report. In and out in 5 minutes. Perfect english and a smile.

I totally agree..... I've always had good professional service from Immigration, over the past 15 years.

The lovely guy who likes joking at room 103, each year at renewal time and the polite, efficient (under 5 minutes) drive thru for 90 day reporting.

No complaints from me about Phuket Town Immigration!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Pikasso said:

I totally agree..... I've always had good professional service from Immigration, over the past 15 years.

The lovely guy who likes joking at room 103, each year at renewal time and the polite, efficient (under 5 minutes) drive thru for 90 day reporting.

No complaints from me about Phuket Town Immigration!

Always had good service at Jomtien immigration...at the old office on Soi 8, it was a bit of a scrum but generally easy to get what I needed.

I have been with Nonthaburi for many years.

Always found them ok. When I changed from Money in the bank to pension a few years ago they accepted just three months worth of deposits. 

Had a little problem initially with what letter they wanted... in the end they phoned my bank and explained.

1 hour ago, thequietman said:

Fantastic AQI results there. You must be so happy about that, as well as the immigration office. ????

This time of the year the air quality is terrible!  Immigration ????

air quality. ????????

After 6 years of multi entry Non O visa I finally visited Nonthaburi immigration and did a one year extension.  I found that procedure to be officious but fine.  The 90 day report ended up taking about an hour with all of that waiting.  I think I picked the wrong time and day.