Thai Inernet Being Blocked.

chrisspursbkk1

Are you getting a message that it's blocked (ICT), or can you just not reach the site(DNS Troubles)?

If it's the second, try using Open DNS.

If it's the first you need to go to http://www.mict.go.th/home/home.aspx and get someone who speaks and reads Thai to go through the process of finding out why the site is blocked, and what needs to be done to rectify it.

What kind of website is it anyway? (don't paste the url here)

Are you getting a message that it's blocked (ICT), or can you just not reach the site(DNS Troubles)?

If it's the first you need to go to http://www.mict.go.th/home/home.aspx and get someone who speaks and reads Thai to go through the process of finding out why the site is blocked, and what needs to be done to rectify it.

Good point. It's amazing how many threads say this site or that site is blocked... but when I try them, they invariably seem to open just fine, which tends to make me think that a lot of these "blockages" are not "blockages" at all, but simply Net glitches of one sort or another.

What you get to see depends very much on which ISP you are using.

TT&T's Maxnet for example gives following screen for most blocked websites:

post-4701-1179451426_thumb.jpg

And quite a few other sites are blocked even sneakier, first the DNS resolves the URL, page starts loading but just keeps in that state. Nothing will come through, making it seem the webhost has a problem...

Thanks for that. I was just going to post asking why DNS in Thailand so appallingly bad (try online gaming when there is a 15 second lag between a click and an anything happening!). Hopefully this will let me avoid the problem.

If it's officially blocked you'll see this:

neblock.jpg

It leads to their site at http://ict.cyberclean.org/ which you will need a translator for.

That vast majority of my blocked sites dont redirect top this page.. Some do but most (deffo blocked) dont..

And quite a few other sites are blocked even sneakier, first the DNS resolves the URL, page starts loading but just keeps in that state. Nothing will come through, making it seem the webhost has a problem...

Thats what most do for me on TOT..

As I was not even able to access my internet banking website today because the poor international internet connections today i did the following thing:

i setup a vpn connection whit a friends router back in my home country (Holland) and now the connection is a bit slower of course but i am able to access all websites also youtube because i am using my friends dutch gateway.

I know not everyone has a friend back home whit a vpn open for them but the ones who do might be happy whit this trick.

Edited by bram

Hi All,

I've been getting some webisites blocked and want to know how to contact them to ask them the reason's for this, Please can someone show me the link as there doing my brain in.

Kind regards.

Chris.

:o:D :D

When you are finish with this, please ask Bush to close Guatanamo and ask Kim if he could make democratic elections in North Korea

As I was not even able to access my internet banking website today because the poor international internet connections today i did the following thing:

i setup a vpn connection whit a friends router back in my home country (Holland) and now the connection is a bit slower of course but i am able to access all websites also youtube because i am using my friends dutch gateway.

I know not everyone has a friend back home whit a vpn open for them but the ones who do might be happy whit this trick.

I'm also using a vpn tunnel but youtube wont work anyawy. Do you know what settings needed for it to work?

Edited by rob:pee

Suggest you try the opendns link that cdnvic posted above - it has sorted most of my problems re. slow lookups => slow loading.

Re. your VPN tunnel, if you are tunnelling to another computer within Thailand it won't help (Youtube is still banned and it isn't a DNS problem).

thanks that opendns helped me a lot

Suggest you try the opendns link that cdnvic posted above - it has sorted most of my problems re. slow lookups => slow loading.

Re. your VPN tunnel, if you are tunnelling to another computer within Thailand it won't help (Youtube is still banned and it isn't a DNS problem).

I'm using a tunnel in Europe with 128bits encryption.