Pick tray liners, do they lead to rust?

12 years ago when we bought our pick up someone suggested that they lead to rust because water is trapped between the liner and tray, I thought this made sense. A few months ago I crawled underneath and noticed holes from rust.

Now I'm looking at getting another pick up and they're offering free liner. I'm not sure if I want it.

I'd be interested in others opinions.

^ Thanks for that, I didn't realize they were available here. My Triton has no visible rust, but if you crawl underneath there's decent size holes.

I've just bought a pick up and swapped the liner for leather seats. I already have an old pick up and use that for carrying stuff.

It depends on what you are using the bed for. If you're throwing stuff in a out, and banging on the bed rails, the liner will protect the bed and bead rails from getting beat up. If you're not hauling anything, they are pretty pointless. I much prefer a rubber mat to a bed liner.

Be advised, the bed liners that come up over the bed rails do damage the paint where the liner rubs on the outside of the bed, so once it's on, you can never really take it out without have very noticeable paint damage along the bed rails.

If you are going to get a canopy, do not get a bed liner.

If the drain holes in the bed or kept clear, there should not be any issue with rust, with or without a liner,

6 hours ago, Smithson said:

^ Thanks for that, I didn't realize they were available here. My Triton has no visible rust, but if you crawl underneath there's decent size holes.

I've just bought a pick up and swapped the liner for leather seats. I already have an old pick up and use that for carrying stuff.

Are you getting a canopy/shell?