Going for normal 30-day TR extension tomorrow to Jomtien. Hotel does not have TM30 or hasn't done it.

My visa will expire next week, as it will be closed during weekend + songkran I will go tomorrow to extend it. In preparation I asked for my hotel for the TM30 and they just gave me a TM30 form (unfilled), a receipt of my payment, and the card of the hotel manager with a contact number. Despite asking multiple times the online printout copy, they do not understand or just shush me away.

What can I expect tomorrow when going to immigration to ask for a 30-day normal extension on my 60-day TR visa? I've never done it so I'm foreseeing a denial to extend, or a "fee" to solve the problem. My last stay was in Bangkok.

Anything in particular I can ask to the hotel folks (in Thai if possible) to get this print-out? Is this even required for the 30-day normal extension? I don't recall tourists having problems with this at any point.

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

They should of least completed and signed the blank one they gave you.

Thanks, I didn't know that. I'll fill the form today to make it easier for them and then make them fill the blanks and sign it. 

There is a back up system that the hotel should be using. 

Unfortunately there is no printout possible unless they did a screenshot.

If they have been duly diligent your form will then tally with digital records, if IMM. check.

3 minutes ago, pookett said:

There is a back up system that the hotel should be using. 

Unfortunately there is no printout possible unless they did a screenshot.

If they have been duly diligent your form will then tally with digital records, if IMM. check.

Immigration cannot access the records of online TM30 report due to the extranet being down.

There is not back up system for hotel to use. If immigration has got it set up they might be able email a XML file to them for the reporting.

An update: It was painless and the whole thing took 30 minutes.

I arrived to immigration at 8:30 just by doors opening and there was quite the queue already, but was moving pretty fast. Inside the info lady gave me a copy of TM7 and a TM30, as well as a number for counter 10 for filling the TM30.

In counter 10 the lady checked the hotel reservation and the "checkin" paper they gave me and just told me to fill the TM30 with my details (yep, I'm allowing myself to stay in a property that is not mine), and then she just did the TM30 manually and handed me a copy. They keep all the bunch of papers, possibly to record it in the system sometime later today, there was more people there with the same problem.

They sent me over to do copies of everything, and gave me another number for counter 1. There I gave them the papers, paid the 1.900THB, and 2 minutes later I was out with my passport stamped.

9 minutes ago, pookett said:

20210405_134610-800x450.jpg

Are you sure the have activated that system set up back in 2017 when the system was down from December 2016 to April of 2017 before.

I have seen reports of hotel telling people the could do a printout of the report due to the system being down.

The hoteliers I know are using it, mainly to cover their own rumps as they are expected to register on the back up system and fill in the relevant details. I was snoofing on my good lady's version but couldn't see a way to make a print off for a guest.

The last time the system was down for a lengthy period hotels were sending in Excel sheets by email.

• 4 weeks later...

As of today the main system cannot save anything so equally, cannot print off a completed TM30 for a guest.

Plus, the back up system now only shows previously input guests and has no facility to enter new arrivals.

(Phuket version = phuketimmigration.go.th/notify/index.php?running=logout )

As the good lady says, "why can't they keep such a simple system up and running reliably".

Edited by pookett

Update to previous post.

I was having a look see on the backup page for Mrs p. and found If you press the "contact Surat thani" button in blue and Thai only, you can then input the data, save it and get an xls file to download and print.

Layout is a bit funky but everything is there.