Residence Certificate timing

Happy Easter for all who care,

I went to MTT to get my 90 day as well as residence certificate to renew my 5 year driver's license on March 29th. If I understand correctly, both the residence certificate and the medical checkup for the driver's license are good for only one month, is that correct? I'm waiting to do the medical checkup until I receive the residence certificate because I'm assuming that's just a quick walk in and out procedure for the medical certificate. As of now, the Thai postal service has no information about the tracking number immigration gave me for the residence certificate, but I know I still have one more week as they said it takes 2 weeks. My main question is, is the residence certificate good for one month from the date I applied for it, which is March 29th, or one month from the date that I receive it? Next week is the Sonkran holiday and I'm assuming the DLT will probably be closed for a few days as well which should still give me a short window after the holiday, but I like to take care of things as soon as possible. Hope this makes sense, and thanks for the help.

OP, just a tip. I obtained licenses couple of months back at Chatuchak and the policy then was to limit (cap) number of queue tickets for non Thai to something like 50. Best get there early (7.30am) 

RC one month validity.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1