Renewing Thai Driving License & Car Registration/number Plates

lotus eater

Since buying my car in Korat I've moved to Chiang Mai and would like the do the annual registration renewal here. The sme goes for my 1-year thai driving license, which should be renewable for 5 years.

Can someone please tell me where I should go for these? Or perhaps the name of the office, so I can then ask a policeman where that is?

Since buying my car in Korat I've moved to Chiang Mai and would like the do the annual registration renewal here. The sme goes for my 1-year thai driving license, which should be renewable for 5 years.

Can someone please tell me where I should go for these? Or perhaps the name of the office, so I can then ask a policeman where that is?

There are several options available to you but the largest office is on the CM to Hang Dong Road. It is betwen the Air Port Paza complex and the First Ring Road on the Left Hand Side heading out to Town. It is past the airport and there is a walking overpass shortly before it. The building is quite large and you should not miss it. The office to renew is on the second floor and the easiest way is to speak to the lady at the information desk in the middle of the floor. She speaks quite good English and is helpful, the office to help your on the first couple on the right hand side. They also have a couple of people who speak english.

Don't forget to take your house registration papers if you have a house or a residency certificate which is available from teh CM Immigration office on Airport Road (LHS) you will get to know that place pretty well when you live here.

Welcome to CM

CB

... office is on the CM to Hang Dong Road. It is betwen the Air Port Paza complex and the First Ring Road on the Left Hand Side heading out to Town.... The office to renew is on the second floor and the easiest way is to speak to the lady at the information desk in the middle of the floor. She speaks quite good English and is helpful, the office to help your on the first couple on the right hand side. They also have a couple of people who speak english.

Don't forget to take your house registration papers if you have a house or a residency certificate which is available from teh CM Immigration office on Airport Road (LHS) you will get to know that place pretty well when you live here.

Welcome to CM

CB

Thank you for the reponse, but need a little clarification - excuse my unfamiliarity.

1) You give driving instructions to just one office so I assume it will deal with both renewals - car registration/plates and my driving license.

2) Are we talking about the road from the airport plaza mall to the airport, ie the same road that the immigration office is on?

3) I rent a house but without rental agreement etc, ie I have no papers to prove that I live there. When I recently extended my non imm o visa the immigration office required no proof of my stated address (on the tm7 form). Will they provide the 'residency certificate' in these circumstances? (Yes, I've got to know the immigration office already.)

If this is makes for an insuperable problem perhaps I should renew for another year in Korat (the car currently is shown c/o my girl friend's address there) and the following year do Chiang Mai - by then I expect to be in another house with a proper rental agreement.