An end to photocopies and time wasted? Cabinet okays use of app for Thais to do business on smartphones

webfact

10pm.jpg

An end to the mountain of photocopies and time wasted could be on the horizon when doing government business.

At least for Thai people.

Amarin TV reported that the cabinet has agreed to Interior Ministry proposals to allow the use of an application to conduct matters related to home registration.

This is part of the digital age and a move to the New Normal - not having to go into government offices if possible. 

Soon Thais will be able to download an app and register for the service meaning they can do things like report changes of address on their phones. 

For the first year they won't even have to pay.

Later will come things like registration of births and deaths. 

Expats and others living in Thailand who are not Thai will hope that government business will also be extended to them.

Not least of all to cut down on the photocopies and pointless paperwork as well as hours wasted in government offices. 

Here's hoping.....

logo.thumb.jpg.58700f12f9218149b3e2f82126b72e4d.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-04-09

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, petermik said:

Two noticeable quotes...."could be on the horizon" and "at least for Thai people"...nowt doing 4 us farangs.

For us foreigners, we'll continue sacrificing paper worth a forest to the government gods..

Edited by kotsak

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Not least of all to cut down on the photocopies and pointless paperwork as well as hours wasted in government offices.

Which in turn brings us to what has happened to the once very nice web site where we could update our 90 Day visa without having to go to the Immigration office, this site was so good but unreliable as you never knew when it will drop out.

• Like 1

As I said in a topic close to this issue 6 months ago:-

The Immigration Office do not waste our photo copies, on an earlier visa extension day I was given a "flyer" about something or other on the back of which was the header page of a German nationals PASSPORT!

• Like 1

Foreigners have had apps. for 90-Day and TM30 reporting but they've been 'deactivated' by Immigration, perhaps because they're too convenient for users and Thailand doesn't want to give foreigners an easy time.

The disappearance of those apps. doesn't bode well for other apps. from officialdom.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, HappyinNE said:

I just counted the sheets I needed for my Marriage Visa last year.  It was 32 pages.  But I needed two copies of it and had to sign every page.  My wife had to sign each page also.

I had mine copied at a shop and have several years worth but just have to add several new pages every year.

No wonder there are not many trees in Isan.

About the same for me, my IO requires 6 photos x 2, before it was 6 photos on 3 A4s x2 and write name + sign under each photo, but now they have come up with this ;  cut out, with scissors supplied, each photo and stick them with glue supplied, to their A4s with pre-printed Name..............

Sign...............   adds about another 30min of my time and theirs I felt like I was in infant school or watching play school (To be honest I started to get the giggles) , what genius's they are.  I suppose I'm lucky they supplied scissors + glue. On leaving my misses pointed to their scanner and said ''why you not use computer for everything'', they answered ''next year''  Ooh the fibs.

Edited by brianthainess
  • Like 1

Registering to use this app will require 4 copies of your national ID card or passport, and 2 of every page of the Tabian Ban (or a residency certificate in the case of foreigners) each page signed in blue pen and countersigned as witnessed by an appropriate  official - who may require an informal charge to be levied. This last will most definitely involve no paperwork!