Fingerprinting for marriage visa

I’ve been in Thailand about a decade now but earlier this week when I applied to renew my visa I had to be fingerprinted for the first time. Is this a new nationwide policy or has this always been a part of the application process that perhaps hadn’t made it to my off the beaten track province (Phrae)?

Got my first O extension in August last year  and no finger print required  .however did provide said when picking up my TB and pink card at local Ampur a week later... Also seem to remember last couple of overseas flights from CM International "digit presentation" was required on Departure..

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

That would be something new they are doing now. I don't recall any reports of a immigration office taking finger prints.

Phetchabun office have had the equipment for a couple of years.

I've not been asked to provide but I was on a Non-B for 18 months or so, and it was a requirement for that (police check). Personally not seen anybody done, but rumor has it they are doing some.

Will do some checking and confirm if it is being done.

Before the COVID my wife and I would go to Savannakhet for a day or two to renew my VISA, and do some shopping, and would be subject to finger printing when crossing over into Laos. Since COVID and to avoid quarantine we changed to a retirement VISA. Next year we will change back to a marriage VISA. I am sure fingerprinting, this will be the norm for all VISA in the future.

On 4/10/2021 at 12:48 PM, sherwood said:

I had mine taken February last year for my Extension of Marriage Visa. Korat. No big deal.

Not needed this year as they must still be in the system.

i dont believe they keep any info in the system tbh. This is thailand. Thats why every year we must do all paper work again for workpermit or likewise things... i wish they do