In Thailand and utterly confused about visa extension

Can someone plz help me regarding extending my visa. 

I arrived on visa exemption for 45 days, which runs out next Friday. I am allowed one extension. I spent a few weeks in Chiang Mai and went to the immigration office, but was told i needed something called the T30 and was sent away. No idea what that is, and figured i would just do the extension in Bangkok. 

I have now arrived in Bangkok, and planned to do all this next week. But looking at calender it seems immigration is closed next week ! 

So questions - 

1) What do i do about the immigration closing next week for Songkran, because this would mean i would be late to renew - does anyone have any dates when they are open. Are they open weekends? 

2) What on earth is this TM30 form i need before i can extend?

3) What is the address of the Bangkok immigration place - because i can't seem to work out where the place is? Is it going to be very busy ? How long would i expect to be there?

4) Would it be quieter and easier to do the papers in say Pattaya? I really regret not doing this in Chiang Mai as it didn't seem very busy. 

Really getting deflated by all this now. 

25 minutes ago, audaciousnomad said:

Immigration is closed til Thursday. You can come in on Friday, I believe.

The TM30 is completed by the owner/mgmt of the property you are staying at. Did you check into a hotel in Bangkok? By law, they are required to file a TM30 to officially inform immigration that you are there.  Ask the front desk to give you a copy. Bring it and a copy of your booking when you go to immigration. Where? Right here: https://goo.gl/maps/39sMdh7ExVywgD8D7

They are sticklers for appointments, and will not admit you without one. Make one here: http://203.151.166.132/immigrant_queue/booking/

Choose Counter K in the dropdown menu for which desk you need the appointment for.

Bring a copy or screenshot on your phone, showing your appointment booking.

PhotoCopy your passport info page, your TM6 departure card(stapled in your passport), and your entry stamp.

Take a passport-sized photo with you, as you'll need it for the application.

Complete all these forms, and bring with you.

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/3/folders/1qnQ6TJM5oQFXIOIwl_rQOqmfZnsxOq4P

Good luck!

Thanks for the help !

1) When you say chose 'Counter K' i do not see this option. I arrived on visa waiver. So i got 45 days, and was told i could get another 30 days extension. Can you specify which option i chose on the drop down menu?

2) I will be applying for my partner and children too. Do they need to be present, or can i do this for them? 

Thanks for clarifying the TM30 up ... that was a new one for me ! 

5 hours ago, AnnieSeek said:

1) When you say chose 'Counter K' i do not see this option. I arrived on visa waiver. So i got 45 days, and was told i could get another 30 days extension. Can you specify which option i chose on the drop down menu?

Applying for short term Visa at Muangthong Thani (K - Counter K).

(Third from the bottom of the list)

2) I will be applying for my partner and children too. Do they need to be present, or can i do this for them? 

They must be present and each make a separate application.

Completed TM7 application form. (Application for temporary stay in the Kingdom).

4 x 6cm Passport photo.

Passport.

Copy of passport photo page

Copy of entry stamp.

Copy of TM6. (Departure card).

Fee. 1,900 baht each application.

TM 7 Extension of Stay.pdf

Thanks for clarifying the TM30 up ... that was a new one for me ! 

Immigration like to track the whereabouts of foreigners and to this end a TM30 is a report of a foreigner arriving at a place of stay in Thailand.

The Immigration Act states;

Section 38 : The house – master , the owner or the possessor of the residence , or the hotel manager where the alien , receiving permission to stay temporary in the Kingdom has stayed , must notify the competent official of the Immigration Office located in the same area with that hours , dwelling place or hotel, within 24 hours from the time of arrival of the alien concerned.

If your staying in a Hotel, they are responsible for filing this form, which they do online.

The problem being the online site hasn't been working since the middle of February.

You should therefore request the Hotel to complete and print a paper form TM30 and you can file these yourself when you attend Immigration to apply for a 30 day extension.

TM30-New.pdf

Edited by Tanoshi
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

The problem being the online site hasn't been working since the middle of February.

A few days ago my ASQ hotel provided me with a screenshot like this:

TM30-screenshot.jpg.235df9ed379f5e07c49a2497eff23f77.jpg

This indicates that for hotels there is currently a way to do the TM30 in paperless way.

5 minutes ago, Nakdontree said:

A few days ago my ASQ hotel provided me with a screenshot like this:

TM30-screenshot.jpg.235df9ed379f5e07c49a2497eff23f77.jpg

This indicates that for hotels there is currently a way to do the TM30 in paperless way.

Not really. That is a screenshot from a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet. Yes it is digital, but no it is not technically generated by the actual online system that is as of now still out of service.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bunnydrops said:

Fill out forms in BLUE ink. Will except black--- may save you time in do overs.

Very few offices are pickey about the color of the ink.

I submit my TM7 form completed on my computer and printed out. No problem with them at the office here.

Same for the TM47 form if they want it.

• Like 1