True Vision TV MLB baseball ??

Suradit69

So have I, without success. I sent an email to Truevisions who replied with the cryptic comment that when there is an update on this league, Truevisions will announce in the media again. Looks like Fox Sports has stopped broadcasting MLB games. They used to be on live every morning on channel 689 but now they are showing replies of 3rd tier sports instead.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, gerrycampbell said:

So have I, without success. I sent an email to Truevisions who replied with the cryptic comment that when there is an update on this league, Truevisions will announce in the media again. Looks like Fox Sports has stopped broadcasting MLB games. They used to be on live every morning on channel 689 but now they are showing replies of 3rd tier sports instead.

Yes, for years I’ve watched early in the morning or replay later in the day. Mostly east coast teams but Yankees or Red Sox with occasional Cubs, LA , Astros, whatever better than nothing. 

I really don’t want to watch on computer monitor or, even worse, on my iPad. Fox has really let us down. Agree now that True sucks but I like their documentary channels and CNBC,CNN.  If some alternate offered those and baseball I’d switch in a heartbeat.

Maybe MLB online will be the only way to get a fix for my addiction.

Edited by Suradit69

True is actually pretty good. The problem seems to be Fox Sports, but I still want to watch nfl games on Fox later in the year. I was holding off going the streaming route to see if mlb reappears on Fox; if not, will go the mlbtv route as suggested above. mlb has confirmed no blackouts, & the helpful reply above confirms no vpn required. I can stream games on my phone and link to my samsung tv either directly or if necessary through a stream stick. just not sure if my broadband wifi is fast enough to stream without problems.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, gerrycampbell said:

True is actually pretty good. The problem seems to be Fox Sports, but I still want to watch nfl games on Fox later in the year. I was holding off going the streaming route to see if mlb reappears on Fox; if not, will go the mlbtv route as suggested above. mlb has confirmed no blackouts, & the helpful reply above confirms no vpn required. I can stream games on my phone and link to my samsung tv either directly or if necessary through a stream stick. just not sure if my broadband wifi is fast enough to stream without problems.

A at the mlb website there’s a link to check whether your internet connection is up to handling streaming.  https://www.mlb.com/live-stream-games/help-center/desktop-laptop-compatibility-for-windows

when I had 3BB in my 15th floor condo I checked and was informed my service was inadequate. Now living in a house my 3BB service is vastly improved so I expect it would work. I’m too tech challenged to know how to get it on my Samsung TV which would be ideal since I assume you’d have more choices on which games to watch. It’s the  prospect of only being able to watch games on computer monitor that’s off putting,

some further info on streaming stick would be appreciated.

Agree that True is generally OK. I doubt I’d really drop the service and also agree that Fox is to blame. You’d think they could broadcast some baseball to audiences in SE Asia since it seems no one else is.

Edited by Suradit69

4 hours ago, Suradit69 said:

A at the mlb website there’s a link to check whether your internet connection is up to handling streaming.  https://www.mlb.com/live-stream-games/help-center/desktop-laptop-compatibility-for-windows

when I had 3BB in my 15th floor condo I checked and was informed my service was inadequate. Now living in a house my 3BB service is vastly improved so I expect it would work. I’m too tech challenged to know how to get it on my Samsung TV which would be ideal since I assume you’d have more choices on which games to watch. It’s the  prospect of only being able to watch games on computer monitor that’s off putting,

some further info on streaming stick would be appreciated.

Agree that True is generally OK. I doubt I’d really drop the service and also agree that Fox is to blame. You’d think they could broadcast some baseball to audiences in SE Asia since it seems no one else is.

Get Google Chromecast device  . It is compatible with MLB TV  and you  can buy a Chromecast device on Lazada .  I cast to my TV from phone and notebook ,If you need any help I live in Bangkok PM https://www.mlb.com/live-stream-games/help-center/chromecast-get-started.    https://s.lazada.co.th/s.WYqTR

Edited by pixelaoffy
  • Like 1

On 4/13/2021 at 3:57 PM, pixelaoffy said:

Nope 

That's correct. Being overseas actually removes any blackout restriction that might apply if your IP address were identifiable as being in-market somewhere in the US. One of the few instances where being abroad is actually beneficial when it comes to streaming services.

1 hour ago, Etaoin Shrdlu said:

That's correct. Being overseas actually removes any blackout restriction that might apply if your IP address were identifiable as being in-market somewhere in the US. One of the few instances where being abroad is actually beneficial when it comes to streaming services.

Been no black out since last year . Not needed since crowd restrictions 

1 hour ago, Etaoin Shrdlu said:

1 hour ago, pixelaoffy said:

You're correct that the market-based blackouts appear to be lifted, but there are still national blackouts in place due to nationally televised games. Having a foreign IP solves this as well.

Screen Shot 2021-04-14 at 18.43.10.png

51 minutes ago, Etaoin Shrdlu said:

You're correct that the market-based blackouts appear to be lifted, but there are still national blackouts in place due to nationally televised games. Having a foreign IP solves this as well.

Screen Shot 2021-04-14 at 18.43.10.png

Other free sites that use MLB stream. Not paying to watch the occasional game when I wake up in the morning ..although more games are now afternoon since crowd restrictions so don't watch 

On 4/14/2021 at 3:07 PM, pixelaoffy said:

Get Google Chromecast device  . It is compatible with MLB TV  and you  can buy a Chromecast device on Lazada .  I cast to my TV from phone and notebook ,If you need any help I live in Bangkok PM https://www.mlb.com/live-stream-games/help-center/chromecast-get-started.    https://s.lazada.co.th/s.WYqTR

Thanks. I live in the boonies east of Pattaya.

since my Samsung TV is approaching middle age, I suppose if I replaced it with a smart tv that would allow me to continue with my True Vision satellite service and handle a mlb subscription too.  Yes ??

20 minutes ago, Suradit69 said:

Thanks. I live in the boonies east of Pattaya.

since my Samsung TV is approaching middle age, I suppose if I replaced it with a smart tv that would allow me to continue with my True Vision satellite service and handle a mlb subscription too.  Yes ??

You could but the two are not connected. Can have MLB TV with smart TV if you don't want to cast from computer or phone device to TV 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, pixelaoffy said:

You could but the two are not connected. Can have MLB TV with smart TV if you don't want to cast from computer or phone device to TV 

OK. I mistakenly thought my current tv only had one hdmi connection,now in use by satellite set top box cable. Exploring further I discovered there is a second hdmi connection  that could be used for Chromecast, which solves the problem  that I imagined I would have.

in addition to being tech challenged I’m also central vision challenged.

On 4/15/2021 at 3:47 PM, pixelaoffy said:

Ordered Chromecast online from Central. Baht 2490. Delivered in less than 48 hours. Easy to hookup with both Windows desktop and iPad.

subscribed to MLB TV. $129

Now watching Cubs vs Mets from Monday as we speak. Beautiful picture.. 

sadly Cubs will probably disappoint, but had to watch them first out of loyalty.

thanks for your help.

• Like 1