TM 30 Questions

In Thailand a long time, no difficulty getting my retirement visa renewal and doing the 90 day reporting but I have moved a number of times in Pattaya /BKK and in both places always had problems with the TM 30 report (new address reporting),so grateful for any advice. 

Now I live in BKK and will  soon change my address (as a tenant) so I need to know: 

1. What forms and documents needed to make a TM 30 application?

2.  I assume I can get authority from my new landlord  for myself to take the forms etc to immigration without the Landlord coming along? Any special form needed?

3 .Which office do I make the application? CW or elsewhere?

4. I cannot see that a TM 30 report is part of the on line queue booking system: is that correct or not? If it is possible to make book an appointment on line,which office do I go to submit the forms?

5. Can I post in the application(similar to 90 day) and if so what is the address for that?

6. Anything else i should know about submitting the TM 30?

( note i realize its the Landlord who should submit TM 30 etc ., but better i do it to make sure its done and so my 90 day postal reporting will run smoothly).

-Thank you so much in advance for any advice.

Edited by zombie nights

Hi,

I copy/pasted your queries and inserted some responses.  For sake of clarity I rendered your questions in italic

Now I live in BKK and will  soon change my address (as a tenant) so I need to know: 

1. What forms and documents needed to make a TM 30 application?

> I did PM you a guideline document on TM-30, which answers several of your questions

2.  I assume I can get authority from my new landlord  for myself to take the forms etc to immigration without the Landlord coming along? Any special form needed?

> At most Imm Offices (also at CW) you would need to personally visit your local Imm Office to notify them of you having relocated in their province and file a TM-30 for relocation purposes

3 .Which office do I make the application? CW or elsewhere?

Not sure whether you would need to do it at CW or MTT.

4. I cannot see that a TM 30 report is part of the on line queue booking system: is that correct or not? If it is possible to make book an appointment on line,which office do I go to submit the forms?

If not on the CW or MTT on line queue booking system, you would have to go without appointment and find out once there

5. Can I post in the application(similar to 90 day) and if so what is the address for that?

You need to notify your location Imm Office in person that you relocated to an address in their province.  It needs to be done in person, as the Imm Office would otherwise not know whether you are staying at that address temporarily (and therefore owner having to notify Imm Office that a foreigner is staying at his premises) or whether you have indeed relocated to that address and that it would now become your 'official address for immigration purposes'.

6. Anything else i should know about submitting the TM 30?

Without a TM-30 filed, you are not able to get you 90-day reports approved (as these are nothing more than a confirmation that your 'official address for immigration purposes' has not changed)

( note i realize its the Landlord who should submit TM 30 etc ., but better i do it to make sure its done and so my 90 day postal reporting will run smoothly)

Your landlord needs to notify the local Imm Office that a foreigner is staying at his premisses.  But you need to visit your local Imm Office to notify the local Imm Office that you have permanently relocated to hat new address.

Obviously if you do the TM-30 for relocation purposes in person at your local Imm Office with all required document (see Guideline document I PM-ed you) your landlord does not need to do it separately.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, homeseeker said:

I am sure Joe will be able to answer your questions soon.

Incidentally do you need also to fill in  theform TM 27 for change of address?

At most Imm offices that TM-27 has been replaced by the TM-30, which needs to be provided in person at your local Imm Office to notify them of you having relocated at the new 'official address for immigration purposes'.

Just helped a mate of mine, his landlord did it on-line, Not working,; Went to immigration, they gave him the form for his landlord to fill out, the form is in English and Thai , copy of his housebook and ID both signed. *Note; on the form in english, there is a place that says 'line' this should read phone number. took my mate the next day done and dusted. hope this helps.

Edited by brianthainess

6 minutes ago, lagarto said:

here is a valuable information to follow as well as the forms you need to filled up;  good luck brother stay safe.

TM.30 FORM to Report Additional Foreigners (3).jpg

TM.30 REPORT FILE FORM (1).jpg

TM.30 REPORT FILE FORM (2).jpg

Who Needs to file TM.30.jpg

The info you provided on Who needs to be registered? is outdated.

Attached below the introduction to the Guideline document I compiled on TM-30.

The full document goes into detail on HOW to register on the IO TM-30 website and file TM-30 notifications on-line.  Sent me a PM if you like to receive full document.

= = = = =

According to Thai law, the house-master, owner or possessor of the place where you are staying (which can be yourself, your wife/girlfriend, landlord or manager of Hotel/Guesthouse) needs to notify the local IO within 24 hours when a foreigner arrives at the premises.

The property can be a hotel, guesthouse, rental condo, friend's house, own place, etc.

Since 30 June 2020 that notification needs to be done only ONCE for the main place where you as foreigner are staying, as the filed TM30 will stay valid as long as the foreigner's permission to stay is kept alive (including its extension or when using a Re-Entry Permit).  See attachment #4 – TM30 reporting regulation dd 30-06-2020

So, filing of a new TM30 is only needed when the permission to stay or the extension of it, expired and the foreigner re-enters Thailand on a new Visa (or Visa Exempt).

Note: Obviously if relocating in Thailand, a new TM30 would have to be filed to the IO of the place to which you are relocating.

When YOU as a foreigner registers you do it either

- as owner;

- on behalf of the owner, or

- as tenant.

There are various options now.

·       If you - as a foreigner - own the condo where you are staying, you need to file a TM30 as owner of the property that you arrived with 24 hours of arrival.

·       If your wife/girlfriend is the owner of the place where you are staying, she needs to file a TM30 of you arriving there within 24 hours of your arrival.  But using the IO TM30 website you can register and do the filing 'on her behalf'.

·       If you are renting a house, apartment or condo, the landlord who is the owner of the place that you are staying, can file a TM30 of you arriving there.  But as that is both inconvenient for him and yourself, you can also register on the IO TM30 website ‘on his behalf’.

·       If you are renting a house, apartment or condo, you can also register on the IO TM30 website as 'tenant', allowing you to file the required TM30s yourself instead of having the landlord do this (or you doing it on his behalf).

·       If your wife/girlfriend owns the place where you are staying, and you have a thai ID card for foreigners as well as the yellow house-book (Tabien Baan) you can register yourself as ‘possessor’ of the premises where you are staying.

Note: TM30 compliance is ONLY checked when you visit your local IO for a service that requires your address data (e.g. an extension of stay, residence permit, etc.).  So, when you have guests staying at your place that will not visit the Immigration Office to apply for an extension of stay, there is no actual need to file a TM30 of them staying at your place.

Attached below you will find a comprehensive step-by-step instruction on how to register and file your TM30s on-line.

Here is the link to the website > https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online/menu.jsp

And here is the link to actually register: https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online/FilterNoLogonServlet?nodeId=24&programId=FNHOTELREG

• Thanks 1