Daikin AC reset on circuit board?

bankruatsteve

After running faultlessly for 5 years, my Daikin 12kBTU failed to power down last Sunday.  I noticed when it didn't turn on like normal and the veins were still open.  I checked the mains input at both the out and in units getting 220V at both.  Error code is U4 which is "Failure of Transmission" between the in/out units.  Had the breaker off overnight and didn't do anything. 

Anybody know if there is some way to do a manual reset of the PC boards?  The on/off switch on the inside unit does nothing.

Daikin service can come Friday earliest but guessing probably not until next week.  I'm currently upstairs with the big Mitsu so not suffering but would really like to get back to normal.

So who would have guessed that a couple of geckos got under the control board and shorted something.  ????

Today, a team came up from Khon Kaen to check out my Daikin.  (Still no authorized service in Udon Thani)  They pulled out the inside module to find the geckos.  3 years ago a non-authorized guy came out for a different problem (compressor wouldn't kick in) and declared the inside control board to be bad.  I asked how he determined that and he just said "mai dee" and needed B5000 for a new board.  Turns out that didn't solve the problem and ended up replacing the outside control board under warranty and left before I could say "hey, wait a minute"...  Anyway, I suggested that the old board was probably good so they plugged that in and, sure enough, everything back to normal.  Cost B2160 including B900 for the service call from KK.

Reminder for you all looking for a new AC to check out where the nearest authorized service is located.

My friend and I have several Daikin ACs, serviced over the years by Nimit AC service in Udon.  Phone  042 341 655.  I had one board replaced shortly after installation......no charge.  Nimit's been in business for over 25 years.  Speak excellent english.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, kokesaat said:

My friend and I have several Daikin ACs, serviced over the years by Nimit AC service in Udon. 

Good to know.  Apparently Daikin will sell their parts to "unauthorized" service centers that are probably just as good.  In this case, we decided to go through the Daikin help center and KK is the closest authorized.  Cheers.

BTW:  After getting the unit running again, this team spent about 40 minutes checking/measuring EVERYTHING and all looks good.  But, that was probably one of the billing items.

I've been using Daikin A/Cs for the last 11 years. Replaced and upgraded to a great new inverter type in Nov 2019. After 6 months the circuit breaker started popping intermittently. Even with the unit turned off. Came home one day and the unit wouldn't start and was just beeping. Daikin service were busy so had to wait over a week for them to attend (original installer wasn't interested). Daikin came and brought out a new board but it still didn't work. In the end it turned out to be a fault with the external wiring to compressor shorting out due to a poor connection by the property developer in 2009 where wires were simply twisted together with poor insulation. The Daikin guys made it good at no charge and it's been working great since then. The inverter type A/Cs are extremely efficient and the reduced electricity costs are dramatic. Payback time for the new units just a few years. They are quieter and offer better cooling. Be aware that cheap brand A/C units may look good at first but will cost more in the long term due to high energy use.