Holiday in the uk

21 hours ago, beano2274 said:

So you think that any Brit who returns to the UK can get the vaccination? Sorry but I know of many who returned from Thailand and could not get treatment for other issues straight away as they had not paid contributions for a long time, they had to wait 3 months before they could even see a doctor.

retired over state pensions age do not pay contributions

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

Of course, on the current vaccination schedule being used in the UK, you'd need to be there 3 months to get both doses

Possibly not.  A new vaccination centre has just opened near me and they will give the second jab after 4 weeks if its requested by your GP.  Both visitors and UK citizens can register with a GP.

Just to re-inforce the fact that those saying only British citizens are entitled to a jab are wrong:

No charges for coronavirus (COVID-19) testing, treatment and vaccination

Overseas visitors to England, including anyone living in the UK without permission, will not be charged for:

• testing for COVID-19 (even if the test shows they do not have COVID-19)
  • treatment for COVID-19, including for a related problem called multisystem inflammatory syndrome that affects some children
  • vaccination against COVID-19

No immigration checks are needed for overseas visitors if they are only tested, treated or vaccinated for COVID-19.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/covid-19-migrant-health-guide#vitamin-d

Edited by KhaoYai
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, beano2274 said:

Not likely to get vaccinated in the UK unless you can prove that you are a still a resident there, I would just stay in Thailand think flight cost, plus quarantine upon return which could be 10 days (ball park figure 40,000thb per person as per ASQ websites)

21 hours ago, beano2274 said:

So you think that any Brit who returns to the UK can get the vaccination? Sorry but I know of many who returned from Thailand and could not get treatment for other issues straight away as they had not paid contributions for a long time, they had to wait 3 months before they could even see a doctor.

20 hours ago, beano2274 said:

Very true, a mate of mine had required some treatment but had to wait a minimum of 3 months due to the fact that he moved back from Thailand, and could not prove he had returned permanently.

All complete BS. I returned for 3 weeks 2 years ago. registered with a GP in 30 minutes and saw a GP the following day. To qualify as resident all you have to do is say that you are returning permanently. No proof required.

I am returning on Friday. 10 days self quarantine with an option to reduce that to 5 days with a further test.

Haven't been back for 2 years but already have an appointment for the vaccine, one week today.

Any more complete BS you'd like to impart on us?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, treetops said:

NHS treatment for Brits returning home gets discussed frequently on here and if anyone waits for 3 months then they only have themself to blame.

It appears that anyone with an NHS number can make their vaccination appointments on line in England, so even if not registered with a GP the OP could still get a jab if he wanted.

I arrived back in the UK on the eve of 28/03/21. Local doctor had no appointments for covid jabs but I went online and travelled 4 miles to a vaccination center . I made my appointment online but at the venue they had no record of my appointment but just took my details i.e. name , address , NHS number and I had the AZ jab . Have since been contacted about 2nd jab but I think I have to wait till 12 weeks after 1st jab . Also doctors general appointments are very slow because of covid ( I had to wait outside the surgery and was let in by admin straight to the doctor , no waiting room being used . NHS hospital waiting times are at an all time record i.e. 1 year wait and up cos there are 4,400,000  people waiting for medical procedures ,  covid legacy .

23 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Did I miss a post from the OP?

Where did he mention the trip to UK was for vax jab.

Sounds like he was going for a visit. Stupid idea.

Popping back to the UK or anywhere and returning to LOS is just not an option. Just as I and many others are prevented from getting back to Thailand others are trapped in the country. As the doors begin to close again on international travel what is the future. ?

7. For long-stay retirement visa holders (Non-Immigrant O/O-A/O-X) for people over 50 years old

Copy of health insurance policy which covers medical treatment in Thailand (non-COVID-19 diseases) for outpatient not less than 40,000 Baht and inpatient not less than 400,000 Baht for the whole period of your stay in Thailand

- Copy of health insurance that covers COVID-19 related medical expenses, both inpatient and outpatient, no less than 100,000 USD for the whole period of your stay in Thailand

On 4/18/2021 at 6:38 AM, ubonjoe said:

Hi Joe ,

Am I reading the above item 7 extract correctly , i.e. medical insurance needed for a non o retirement extension for which I have a re-entry visa stamp ? I thought insurance applied to a non o/a visa  .

6 minutes ago, superal said:

Am I reading the above item 7 extract correctly , i.e. medical insurance needed for a non o retirement extension for which I have a re-entry visa stamp ? I thought insurance applied to a non o/a visa  .

It's required for a  COE, but not for future new extensions.

8 minutes ago, treetops said:

Confusing , so do I need to get health insurance ? Covid I know is required for the remaining period of your visa .

47 minutes ago, smudger1951 said:

Popping back to the UK or anywhere and returning to LOS is just not an option. Just as I and many others are prevented from getting back to Thailand others are trapped in the country. As the doors begin to close again on international travel what is the future. ?

I'm aware that the Oz gov are making it difficult to exit Australia for its citizens/residents however was not aware UK had similar restrictions.

BTW, I gave the OP a laugh emote since I think anyone "having a holiday in UK" needs a huge Re-Think.

Edited by DrJack54

16 minutes ago, treetops said:

You need  to satisfy both insurance requirements in order to get a COE.

So health and covid insurance needed for the remaining period of my visa extension ? i.e. 3 months as that cut the cost dramatically as opposed to an annual policy   

Just now, treetops said:

Only if the Non O is valid (normally 3 months after issue). If you're returning on an extension of stay (retirement) and a re-entry premit its not required.

1 minute ago, polpott said:

Only if the Non O is valid (normally 3 months after issue). If you're returning on an extension of stay (retirement) and a re-entry premit its not required.

It doesn't say it explicitly on the website, but I'm sure I've read it on here that it's required for folk re-entering with an extension.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

Possibly not.  A new vaccination centre has just opened near me and they will give the second jab after 4 weeks if its requested by your GP.  Both visitors and UK citizens can register with a GP.

Just to re-inforce the fact that those saying only British citizens are entitled to a jab are wrong:

No charges for coronavirus (COVID-19) testing, treatment and vaccination

Overseas visitors to England, including anyone living in the UK without permission, will not be charged for:

• testing for COVID-19 (even if the test shows they do not have COVID-19)
  • treatment for COVID-19, including for a related problem called multisystem inflammatory syndrome that affects some children
  • vaccination against COVID-19

No immigration checks are needed for overseas visitors if they are only tested, treated or vaccinated for COVID-19.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/covid-19-migrant-health-guide#vitamin-d

That is as clear as can be! Basically, ANYONE gets the Covid treatments/jabs!

Why do some people on here, suggest that we wouldn't get a free vaccination etc if we went back to the UK?

Thanks for the clarity!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, falang1969 said:

Why do some people on here, suggest that we wouldn't get a free vaccination etc if we went back to the UK?

Similar things happen on almost all topics. People of course have a right to an opinion but when they do so, they should make it clear that it is their opinion, not a fact. Some people seem to like to appear to be 'in the know' and write in an authoritative manner that sadly, may well be taken as fact by some.

Personally I try to point out when I'm putting an opinion forward or to provide a reference when claiming something is factual.

4 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

At the moment Qatar, Etihad and Emirates are all very popular for travel between the 2 countries

Slight correction - too late to edit.

That should say Qatar, Etihad and Emirates were very popular for travel between the 2 countries pre covid (Qatar to some extent during).