Transferring money from China to Thailand

What's the cheapest method of transferring small amount regularly?  Not interested in crypto suggestions thanks.  I know the usual suspects Western Union, Paypal, Transferwise, XE but wondered for small amounts <USD50 which is best.  SWIFT bank transfers are out of the question, but do QR banking money requests work internationally?

Thanks in advance.

Your only option in China is swift transfer as far as i am aware they don't allow 3rd party operators. The transfers take hours and needs a lot of documents and requires you in country to complete. You can use your ATM which i did but after you exceed around 50K USD in a year they block international transfers. China has very extreme controls on their banking system.

• Thanks 1

As I know, before 10 month ago, if you are using TransferWise , you can use your foreign currency credit card to pay.

But now, everythings become harder...

If you are talking about poradic transactions, you can still try DBS Bank branches in China. Meet them at a time they are not busy. Another choice is to open an China CITIC Bank account in HK first, then you can transfer money to HK account first then use TransferWise to transfer to Thailand account.

If you are talking about long-term, batch transactions, you should ask the payment companies. But you better have an oversea company firstly. 

good luck.

• Thanks 1