Huge Crowds Seek COVID-19 Tests

snoop1130

Just now, seajae said:

two weeks ago Surat Thani was virtually covid free with only a couple of cases, after songkran they are now turning a local university into a covid hospital because there are so many cases, this is all due to the idiot government that was more interested in pushing people to travel &  spend money rather than stop the spread of covid. What doesnt help are the ones that have covid and travel anyway because they dont think/care about anyone else, really have to wonder if they will be able to control covid in Thailand with so many idiots running the show and so many people that refuse to self quarantine when they have it taking it to all the other provinces so they can do as they please without any thoughts to causing sickness/death to others

What doesn't really help is that lots of countries have made the self-same mistake but either the Thai government (wrongly) think they don't have anything to learn or perhaps that they will succeed in floowing a strategu that works but which everybody else is too stupid to make work.

Heads you lose, tails they win. What is apparent from today's news is that the population is panicking and the economy os falling apart. I gather some Thai banks are now locking down, fearing a run on their bank.

Happy days.

Just now, Surelynot said:

Two in a small single room, tiny outside area for cooking, cleaning, washing up, drying, noise levels horrendous, no aircon........just fans.......I would swap that for two weeks in a field hospital.

So would I. And that's in BKK. check out some of the corrugated iron shanty towns in Isaan. I really do not know how these people have survived as long as they have done.

I was watching MSNBC the other week Rachel Maddow (one of the better ones) was describing a frat initiation cermemony in USA where the incoming member was swatted in the backside with a large lump of wood, and was obliged after each blow, to say "Thank you Sir, may I have another please". Rang a good few bells, except that Thailand (or Thighland as the Donald referred to it) is no Frat House.

Edited by ParkerN
  • Haha 1

Just now, Surelynot said:

Two in a small single room, tiny outside area for cooking, cleaning, washing up, drying, noise levels horrendous, no aircon........just fans.......I would swap that for two weeks in a field hospital.

In a heartbeat. Perhaps the residents need a special person to come on TV and explain why Thailand is the best in the world at everything and why they are so lucky to be Thais. Not sure who would fit that bill...

In case they forgot.

Edited by ParkerN
  • Like 1