People still partying says Dr Opas, warns them the law will be used as Covid deaths hit daily record

webfact

2pm.jpg

Dr Opas Kankawinpong of the Center for Disease Control of the Thai Health Ministry said yesterday that there were 1,470 new cases and seven more deaths. 

This was the most deaths in a single day since the pandemic began last year. 

He pointed out that many of these were related to clusters from pubs, bars and parties and noted that despite restrictions on opening people were continuing to party in private.

This had to stop he said and the law will be used to come down heavily on those breaking it and causing spread of the virus.

He said that Thailand was around the top of the bell curve and that he expected infections to begin to come down over the next one to two weeks, reported The Bangkok Insight.

People who attended parties were  were infecting others through non-mask wearing.

Some provinces have introduced fines for not wearing masks outside - notably Surat Thani where the court said earlier that they had issued their first fine.

Four hundred of the new cases yesterday were in Bangkok with around 100 in Nonthaburi - the only two provinces to record more than 100.

Chiang Mai and Chonburi had between 51 and 100, said Dr Opas.

Sixty six provinces had infected people out of Thailand's 77 provinces. 

logo.thumb.jpg.58700f12f9218149b3e2f82126b72e4d.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-04-23

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, webfact said:

there were 1,470 new cases and seven more deaths. 

Incorrect 

Although the #COVID19 in #Thailand hasn’t been as severe as in other countries, today we had a record 2,070 new cases in one day. There is also a record 19,873 people in care and 91 on ventilators. This month alone, 27 people have died. Full update at the 11:30am press briefing.

37 minutes ago, webfact said:

He said that Thailand was around the top of the bell curve and that he expected infections to begin to come down over the next one to two weeks, reported The Bangkok Insight.

Oops, he did not see todays numbers appearing and ruining his bell curve analogy now did he. Obviously the Bangkok Insight paper was not given a proper insight either, just saying.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Oops, he did not see todays numbers appearing and ruining his bell curve analogy now did he. Obviously the Bangkok Insight paper was not given a proper insight either, just saying.

This Opas man does not seem to see anything coming.

All his statements and  remarks are after the events.

22 hours ago, webfact said:

He pointed out that many of these were related to clusters from pubs, bars and parties and noted that despite restrictions on opening people were continuing to party in private.

In private is fine... up to them if they self protect, if not let them suffer the consequences.

• Sad 1

Just now, Cake Monster said:

This Opas man does not seem to see anything coming.

All his statements and  remarks are after the events.

Which would also explain the road death toll if they all drive by looking in the rear vision mirror

1 hour ago, MrJ2U said:

I'm no drinker and I rarely frequent bars.  Drinking can lower inhibitions but but the government seems to usually pin the blame on bars and clubs.

Theres so much more than that.  Markets, field hospitals, filthy clinics/government hospitals should also be considered.  The government hospital in Sakon Nakhon never has soap in the bathrooms and is packed wall to wall every day.  We usually travel 300 miles roundtrip to Udon Thani Bangkok hospital to avoid getting sick.

This new wave seems to have started in a well known market, which was the result of a colossal failure by a well known group. Up until that point, these bars and clubs and private parties did not seem to be causing any real problems. Now everyone must carry water because of the total failure of a group tasked with protecting them.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, timendres said:

This new wave seems to have started in a well known market, which was the result of a colossal failure by a well known group. Up until that point, these bars and clubs and private parties did not seem to be causing any real problems. Now everyone must carry water because of the total failure of a group tasked with protecting them.

What about all the infections that were traced back to the Crystal club.. including the new variant which is proving fatal for some?

Edited by metisdead
Please do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes or wording.

If anyone still parties in large groups, anywhere in the world, and some get COVID , get sick and die, there is no sympathy

at all from me.  I even had to tell that to a red neck relative of mine, who seemed peeved, as he still had no clue that he

would not want to catch COVID.  I told him to go to a hospital here in Alberta and ask a doctor and the nurse in the 

emergency ward.  Two days later I saw him still a bit white faces, and he apologized to me, as he was led into a windowed

ward in a hospital  provided with protection, and saw for himself a few patients who were on ventilators, he was quite the

changed person. Red Necks,  change or die.

Geezer