Remote Assistance Xp Pro To Vista Home Premium

crockett

My brother has just bought a new laptop with Vista Home Premium installed. However, he has never used a computer in his life before, so I see some major disasters coming up :o

My question is: Can I use Remote Assistance to connect to his computer and help him solving some problems? I am running XP Pro.

thanks,

crockett

Guest Reimar

There is an service available at: http://logmein.com where you can signup for an free account. Check it out.

I use for remote connection RAdmin and control whole networks via remote with this software. But RAdmin isn't free!

crocket - I recall reading recently, there are a number of problems in using Remote Assistance between XP and Vista, and visa versa. If memory serves me, one was Microsoft removed the audio interconnect in Vista, to save bandwidth.

Check the Microsoft TechNet Forum here for more Q&A

waldwolf

waldwolf, according to the posts in the Technet forum it seems to be quite tricky.

Some people got it working, some not. Nevertheless, I will try it myself anyway

but need to wait about a week or so until my brother gets his internet connection.

reimar, this seems to be a good option. I will give it a try in case remote assistance

does not work.

Thanks very much for the help and the links guys.

regards,

crockett