Yamaha Aerox

Inderpland

Small cloud over the Aerox love affair. I bought the bike online in Bangkok and had it shipped to Koh Tao. The dealer kept the license plate and since there is no DLT in Koh Tao, I had to pay 5,700 baht to get a new plate and insurance.

Rookie mistake on my side.

Apart from that, the bike drives great on the hilly roads.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, seedy said:

Must be hard as a rock to last that long

Firmer but fine, performance has been flawless, one puncture in 33k km and that's when they were brand new. A friend has a Yamaha and has done 30k km and tyres still ok he says, don't know which make but stock tyres

Edited by scubascuba3

On 12/3/2021 at 9:04 AM, ExpatOilWorker said:

Turns out, I also got IRC tyres.

20211203_090327.jpg

If I'm right you bought it 2nd hand. Are you (100%) sure about the mileage of your bike?

Edited by Fab5BKK
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Have rental 2019 Aerox for couple weeks now.  I'm 6 foot 2 inches and the curved plastic part at right knee level will bump sometimes because the seat hump is to far forward for me.  Compared to Kymco People S200 the Aerox is Not as agile, the Kymco felt like a smaller bike with its bigger tires. 

Agree if you have full face helmet under seat storage is limited, fuel tank a little limiting, and I have temporarily locked brakes on a medium force stop think was over painted road surface.  Non-ABS model.  My Kymco had more stopping power but feel a brake pad change on Aerox would make it equal. Few newer scooters offer the ability to use my small cargo net with plastic hooks for stuff on back seat. 

The pluses.  Tons of power, going up hills are not a problem, quiet, ride is comfortable along with saddle, the bike is stable on uneven or bumpy surfaces, the display is big and easy to read when you leave your blinker on.  The storage issue can be worked around with backpack.  The bike is small and narrow enough to fit between almost any cars. 

The biggest reason to like it is everything feels like it should, works like you would think, is logically designed and layed out, and they are made with quality materials.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J Branche said:

Have rental 2019 Aerox for couple weeks now.  I'm 6 foot 2 inches and the curved plastic part at right knee level will bump sometimes because the seat hump is to far forward for me. 

The newer versions of the Aerox have reduced the size of the built-in knee bangers.

• 3 weeks later...