Immigration closed on 10 May? We'll have to wait and see

Monday 10th May is a holiday for government workers, including the staff at the Immigration Bureau. As the Royal Ploughing ceremony is now cancelled, it is not clear whether the holiday is also cancelled. If not, then Immigration will still be closed on that day #Thailand
Quote Tweet

Thai News Reports

@ThaiNewsReports
· 47m
The Royal Ploughing Ceremony, due to take place on Sanam Luang on Monday 10th May, has been cancelled. There will now be a smaller and private ceremony at Chitralada palace.

@MatichonOnline #COVID19 #โควิด19 #โควิดวันนี้ #Thailand

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

The 3rd should be included as well since it is a public and bank holiday.

Problem with May in Thailand ,lots of banks holidays ,used to be schools opened after the summer break ,then closed again for public and bank holidays during the month.

51 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The 3rd should be included as well since it is a public and bank holiday.

Mayday is not usually a government holiday in Thailand, just a bank holiday.  I think Immigration will be open on 3 May, but closed on 4 May and 10 May.

30 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Mayday is not usually a government holiday in Thailand, just a bank holiday.  I think Immigration will be open on 3 May, but closed on 4 May and 10 May.

Holiday for 3 May. In lieu of  May Labor day on Sat 1st. Immigration closed.

Royal Ploughing ceremony cancelled 10th - we will wait and see.

Edited by pontious

1 hour ago, BKKTRAVELER said:

As I mentioned in another thread, Chaengwatthana immigration will be closed on the 10th of May as they told me on the phone.

It has always been true that Bangkok immigration closes when the Royal Ploughing Ceremony takes place. The intent is to allow officials to attend. With the cancellation of the public ceremony, it is not certain that government offices in Bangkok will still close.

1 hour ago, BritTim said:

It has always been true that Bangkok immigration closes when the Royal Ploughing Ceremony takes place. The intent is to allow officials to attend. With the cancellation of the public ceremony, it is not certain that government offices in Bangkok will still close.

Best thing would be to call them again next week to get a clear confirmation then

11 hours ago, pontious said:

Holiday for 3 May. In lieu of  May Labor day on Sat 1st. Immigration closed.

Royal Ploughing ceremony cancelled 10th - we will wait and see.

As I wrote earlier, Mayday (1 May) is not a government holiday in Thailand, it's a bank holiday.  Immigration is a government department and therefore is open on Monday 3 May.  It will be closed on Tuesday 4 May as that's a government holiday for Coronation Day.

https://www.thaiimmigration.net/thai-immigration-holidays-2021.html

Edited by brewsterbudgen
  • Like 1