Pre-departure COVID-19 test - Bangkok

Thai Chi

I have managed to get my daughter a flight out of Thailand to join me here in Australia. Before she travels she requires a COVID-19 Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) test.

I am looking for information on a hospital or clinic in Bangkok that can do this test and furnish the results in about 24 hours.

Any information on costs would also be appreciated.

????

I booked my wife, Sukumvit hospital, 2 weeks time from now.Via email, they needed copy of passport and flight ticket, 3900 THB, including covid certificate, results within 24 hrs.

Try Bangkok Hospital, they are more expensive.Same Bumrungrad as well.

You could try Thai Travel Clinic, they take only appointments.

Medconsult in Thong Lor, as well.If sampl taken before 10 AM, result comes in the evening  

https://medconsultappointment.simplybook.me/v2/

Of course, there are many others places.

If flight is in the next days, best bet is to call hospitals, rather than trying online.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, drenddy said:

If flight is in the next days, best bet is to call hospitals, rather than trying online.

Luckily she has 3 weeks to get it sorted out. Thanks for the info.

9 hours ago, drenddy said:

I booked my wife, Sukumvit hospital, 2 weeks time from now.Via email, they needed copy of passport and flight ticket, 3900 THB, including covid certificate, results within 24 hrs.

Try Bangkok Hospital, they are more expensive.Same Bumrungrad as well.

You could try Thai Travel Clinic, they take only appointments.

Medconsult in Thong Lor, as well.If sampl taken before 10 AM, result comes in the evening  

https://medconsultappointment.simplybook.me/v2/

Of course, there are many others places.

Trying to book online is not easy as most of the time there are no available appointments , however I just walked in ( my online appointment booking was not received ) and gave my info etc but they had no record of my appointment but were very helpful and gave me a test within 1 hour and the cert the next morning . 3000 baht payable at time of test .

18 hours ago, natway09 said:

My problem with attending a hospital at present is that you are visiting the lion's den

All the hospitals have pretty rigid measures in place to separate suspected COVID cases from others.

That said, any crowded indoor venue is a risk especially in the "red" areas.  So a private hospital would be better than government on that score, less crowded (espevcially now - virtually empty in fact) and easy to keep your distance from others.

Or use a clinic like MedConsult or Thaitravel.

Many thanks for all of the information / advice.

Booked online with MedConsult which was pretty straight forward.

Quite a few appointments available around the time I needed to get it done (late May)

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, dejenny80 said:

http://medconsultasia.com

yes 2600 baht covid test at medconsult, cheapest covid test in bangkok that I could find and it worked well for me and the family

Just did this today:

Medconsult Asia is very quick, very efficient... But, you do end up in a room with about 10-15 other strangers.

2600 baht is for a ‘next day' result.

2800 baht is for a ‘same day’ results (if getting swabbed before 10am, result promised before 10pm - I received my result at 7pm).

Piyavate Hospital have ‘drive through’ testing with a next day result... Their booking system was offline, they weren’t answering their phones. 

agree. Medconsultasia is definitely the go-to place for this.

They offer a same day service  for 2,800 baht (PCR) , or next day turn around foir 2,600. Antigen test is 1,800. (depending on where you are going, antigen test may be accepted or it might have to be PCR - check).