Eight years and billions of baht later, World’s largest Parliament opens in Thailand amid controversy

webfact

51 minutes ago, Andy from Kent said:

As an attraction I wonder if it will be open to the public, both  Thai and foreigners?

I'd like to visit it on my next visit to Bangkok.

No foreigners. We are banned on touring parliament and all useless Navy boats.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sounds like Naypyidaw with its 20 lane highway readily converted into an aircraft runway to facilitate escape in case of invasion by the unwashed. I wonder how many machine gun turrets, helicopter pads and escape tunnels they included in the design.

Edited by Card

5 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

I wouldn't be so surprised if there are secret tunnels that lead to safe passage for exile or to a safety zone of a secure military base.

The only secret tunnels it will have are from the VIP entertainment areas to short time accommodation for that depraved lot.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Excel said:

The only secret tunnels it will have are from the VIP entertainment areas to short time accommodation for that depraved lot.

So pole dancing and soapy slides so the big ones can destress and relax after a long day of doing nothing or figuring out how to feed at the trough more? Gotch-ya!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

Ridiculous. Buildings, guns, subs, tanks, whilst the public have no real pensions and social welfare 

Ah, but remember, these buildings, guns , subs and tanks play their part in providing the pension pots and welfare of some very "influential people".

Properly managed, if all goes according to plan, the latest example of "Czardom" should break all records to ensure a very financially secure future for some. It could be the gift that keeps on giving should Thailand achieve "hub" status!

The rest of you, back to the farms with you. Nothing that some paracetamol and a few herbal pills can't fix!

Just hope that the wheelnuts don't come loose...

Edited by herfiehandbag

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

All that money and they didn't put bum guns in the toilets...LOL

“This building cost over 10 billion baht, I don’t understand why it doesn’t have bidet sprays,” Virat said to Lower House Speaker Chuan Leekpai. “My butt hurts every time I have to use toilet paper.”

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/politics/2019/08/15/mps-dump-on-parliaments-lack-of-ass-blasters-in-toilets/

bum gun.jpg

It was an extra cost and the money was already pocketed.  Bring your own wet wipes old boy said the Czar.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Makes you wonder why a relatively tinpot country like Thailand needs to construct such an expensive building to conduct it's political affairs?

Surely renting out somewhere like the Krystal Club would be a far cheaper and easier option seeing as so many politicians seem to frequent there.

I wonder whether a large part of the cost has been dedicated towards anti-protest features so they can hide away safely when the inevitable happens and large mobs start gather outside with mind to do violence?

Its got to have a bunker or two for a complex that size.

Probably even has a Garage for all the new APC,s recent purchased so they dont get dusty.

This building cost over 10 billion baht, I don’t understand why it doesn’t have bidet sprays,” Virat said to Lower House Speaker Chuan Leekpai.

To avoid getting them stolen.

• Haha 1

Does it have intelligence enhancing technology, with rational and transparent communication technology to assist those "elected" to govern?

I not it  includes a "Museum of Democracy"  This is for those who are nostalgic for democracy to visit to see how democracy should be in government I guess.

2 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

All that money and they didn't put bum guns in the toilets...LOL

“This building cost over 10 billion baht, I don’t understand why it doesn’t have bidet sprays,” Virat said to Lower House Speaker Chuan Leekpai. “My butt hurts every time I have to use toilet paper.”

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/politics/2019/08/15/mps-dump-on-parliaments-lack-of-ass-blasters-in-toilets/

bum gun.jpg

He invited his wife to show her around. Look honey, what's this?? Must be the latest model of rice-cooker.

• Haha 1

Ah, yes, that kept Anutin busy to the extent, that his Sino-Thai conglomerate was only six years late. 

What can the acclaimed passenger expect in regard to the airport extension of Suvannaphum which, by the splendid experience with Sino-Thai .... was awarded to ..... Sino-Thai. 

The writing is on the wall .........