Visa to buy Condo in Foreign Quota

Is it possible to buy a second-hand (non new) Condo within the Foreign Quote with a Single Entry Tourist Visa?

And a similar question, Is it possible to buy a second-hand (non new) Condo within the Foreign Quote with a Elite Visa?

I read somewhere that to get a yellow book you need a a non-immigrant visa?

7 hours ago, jackdd said:

A yellow book has nothing to do with ownership. You can buy a condo with any kind of visa.

The previous two comments, sum it up.. 

You you can  even buy a condo, without actually being in Thailand. 

• Thanks 1

Inside the quota, proof that money came into Thailand, proof that people selling have the right to sell unemcumbered &  you are away

Ensure that the Juristic Head approves in writing inside the 49% foreign quota

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, BritTim said:

You can buy any condo (within the foreigner quota) on a tourist visa. Note that this does not usually give you any additional rights as far as future visas are concerned (though, if interested, you should be aware that new expensive condo purchases might entitle you to an investment visa).

*concerning investment visa, if we buy new condo, we get free permenant visa? And with this visa, can we open bank account?? *(no job)..thank you for help.

2 hours ago, Jay168 said:

*concerning investment visa, if we buy new condo, we get free permenant visa? And with this visa, can we open bank account?? *(no job)..thank you for help.

The simple answer is yes. If you buy and hold a qualifying condominium valued at at least 10 million baht, you qualify for an investment visa for as long as you do not resell it. The longer answer is that there are a lot of ways of messing up. An introduction to the process is available at https://www.mahanakornpartners.com/service/investment-visa/

• Thanks 1

Thank you for the replies. I am not considering buying a new expensive condo. They loose value too quickly and I would be better off buying a smaller, older cheaper condo with my available finances and circumstances.

I have one last question. My funds for this are currently held in a UK bank account. I also have a Bangkok Bank bank account at the moment. I have read you need a FET Forms (Foreign exchange transfer forms) to prove the funds have come from abroad.

Would I pay for the purchase with a direct bank transfer from my UK bank account to the agent selling the condo, or would I have to transfer the funds from my UK bank account to my Thai bank account?

Would I also be able to use a cheaper online money transfer service for this transfer, or would I have to use a special money transfer service to get the FET Forms?