Bangkok Pattaya Hospital..Where is the Care?...

steviekes

With this in mind I find your statement "It's no wonder there are so few prepared to defend the BPH and praise the excellent treatment received at a very reasonable cost" quite remarkable given your 43 year absence from Thailand, you must have made quite an impression when here, for someone to keep you up to speed with current satisfaction levels at this hospital.

It's been asked previously but I will ask you again who are you?

I think most reasonable people would appreciate that no hospital can survive if it has no satisfied customers, even though most of them might be transient tourists. The insurance companies would complain for a start if they thought they were paying excessive bills for a treatment that wasn't successful and which required further attention and expense when the tourist got back home.

Of course I have no information on the actual numbers of satisfied clients of the BPH. I merely make the observation that whoever they are, they are:

(1) Unlikely to be reading this thread.

(2) Unlikely to go out of their way or take the time and trouble to express their satisfaction with BPH service. People who have a grievance tend to shout louder.

If such people do or have come across this thread, I can understand their reluctance to express a counter-balancing good story about BPH in case they are lynched too.

Ignored by onzestan. Not relevant to this topic.

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think most reasonable people would appreciate that no hospital can survive if it has no satisfied customers, even though most of them might be transient tourists. The insurance companies would complain for a start if they thought they were paying excessive bills for a treatment that wasn't successful and which required further attention and expense when the tourist got back home.

I am a reasonable person who is fit and in no need of hospital care, prior to this thread and Matt's accident I had no knowledge of BPH and whilst I agree to take much of what I read on the internet with a healthy pinch of salt I am somewhat concerned by the BPH statement. Would I now give business to BPH? Not until such time that they re-assure me. Prior to these events? Why not, their marketing campaigns are very persuasive.

Of course I have no information on the actual numbers of satisfied clients of the BPH. I merely make the observation that whoever they are, they are:

(2) Unlikely to go out of their way or take the time and trouble to express their satisfaction with BPH service. People who have a grievance tend to shout louder.

Some truth in what you say, but given how damning this thread is to the hospital one would have thought that someone would have defended them! I mean this is a forum where you can hide behind an id so how bad can the lynching really be? There must be someone with a good experience?

If such people do or have come across this thread, I can understand their reluctance to express a counter-balancing good story about BPH in case they are lynched too.

Step forward and assist Barry, he is carrying on a very difficult one man crusade given he has never visited the place received treatment or for that matter set foot in Thailand in the last 43 years.

Someone already said it:

"All the media techniques rolled into one post. Broadening, mock objectivity, hidden message."

What exactly is your agenda?

My agenda is to find out what really happened in the decision-making process that resulted in Matt being transferred to another hospital. Perhaps BPH finds itself in an embarrassing situation, not because it made a wrong decision in the circumstances and with regard to Matt's best interests, but perhaps because its own blood supplies were below what they should have been at the time. Perhaps someone who's job it is to order new stocks of blood when they reach a certain level had failed in their duty, or perhaps some administrator, under pressure to save on costs or perhaps due to plain inefficiency, or perhaps because it was her day off, had failed to process the order for new blood supplies for the bank.

Bearing in mind the importance of saving face in Thailand, one might appreciate that the hospital would be reluctant to reveal such information. On the other hand, it might genuinely be the case that Matt really did need huge quantities of a certain type of blood that a hospital of the size of BPH could not reasonably be expected to carry all the time, from hour to hour.

There have been suggestions in this thread that getting the blood supplies to the patient should always be easier and the preferred method to sending the patient to the blood supplies. This point needs further airing. My information is, transporting blood supplies is not as easy as throwing them into an esky on the back of a policeman's motor bike.

Funny thing about pseudonyms and false IDs on forums such as this. People can still feel the insults. Takes a bit of skill to detach oneself.

I am a reasonable person who is fit and in no need of hospital care, prior to this thread and Matt's accident I had no knowledge of BPH and whilst I agree to take much of what I read on the internet with a healthy pinch of salt I am somewhat concerned by the BPH statement. Would I now give business to BPH? Not until such time that they re-assure me. Prior to these events? Why not, their marketing campaigns are very persuasive.

Some truth in what you say, but given how damning this thread is to the hospital one would have thought that someone would have defended them! I mean this is a forum where you can hide behind an id so how bad can the lynching really be? There must be someone with a good experience?

Step forward and assist Barry, he is carrying on a very difficult one man crusade given he has never visited the place received treatment or for that matter set foot in Thailand in the last 43 years.

Someone already said it:

"All the media techniques rolled into one post. Broadening, mock objectivity, hidden message."

My agenda is to find out what really happened in the decision-making process that resulted in Matt being transferred to another hospital. Perhaps BPH finds itself in an embarrassing situation, not because it made a wrong decision in the circumstances and with regard to Matt's best interests, but perhaps because its own blood supplies were below what they should have been at the time. Perhaps someone who's job it is to order new stocks of blood when they reach a certain level had failed in their duty, or perhaps some administrator, under pressure to save on costs or perhaps due to plain inefficiency, or perhaps because it was her day off, had failed to process the order for new blood supplies for the bank.

Bearing in mind the importance of saving face in Thailand, one might appreciate that the hospital would be reluctant to reveal such information. On the other hand, it might genuinely be the case that Matt really did need huge quantities of a certain type of blood that a hospital of the size of BPH could not reasonably be expected to carry all the time, from hour to hour.

There have been suggestions in this thread that getting the blood supplies to the patient should always be easier and the preferred method to sending the patient to the blood supplies. This point needs further airing. My information is, transporting blood supplies is not as easy as throwing them into an esky on the back of a policeman's motor bike.

Funny thing about pseudonyms and false IDs on forums such as this. People can still feel the insults. Takes a bit of skill to detach oneself.

Ignored by Mobi. Not relevant to this topic.

Someone already said it:

Ignored by onzestan. Not relevant to this topic

With this in mind I find your statement "It's no wonder there are so few prepared to defend the BPH and praise the excellent treatment received at a very reasonable cost" quite remarkable given your 43 year absence from Thailand, you must have made quite an impression when here, for someone to keep you up to speed with current satisfaction levels at this hospital.

It's been asked previously but I will ask you again who are you?

For someone who recently claimed one shouldn't form opinions on circumstantial evidence alone, I find it remarkable that you form your own opinions without any evidence at all.

That being the case you are either deliberately trying to annoy or you are really very unintelligent.

Your comments are nonsense.

Someone already said it:

Great stuff.

In that case can I suggest that once you have compiled your findings you come back and report them on this thread?

Because until such time I for one dont believe that you have anything relevant to add apart from conjecture and ambiguous statements. Maybe as a voice of reason who is detached by a few thousand miles and a 43 year absence you could persuade BPH to elaborate on their statement?

You certainly seem to have the time on your hands and maybe just maybe if you get to the bottom of this then you can persuade the many people who will not now use the services of BHP to reconsider!

Sorry if it hurts your feelings but until such time as you can back up your own assumptions with facts I am going to have to ignore you as well.

You are doing the internet equivalent of "rubber necking" and I for one find that quite distasteful given the loss that Matt's family have suffered and the probability that they have read your comments.

Someone already said it:

not ignored but reported to the mods.

Enough is enough, you do not contribute anything valuable to this thread, but continue questioning the integrity of eye witnesses, causing nothing but aggrevation. I am in for an open discussion that might also contain someone acting as advocatus diaboli, but your position is pure antagonistic creating nothing bu aggrevation.

raro

Once again, you've got it wrong. The thread started out with wrong assumptions, we now know. It's beginning to look as though it's continuing with wrong assumptions. Having expressed our sympathies to Matt's family, all that remains is for someone to find out exactly what happened. You are the people on the ground, at the coal face, and yet you seem incapable of finding out what happened. All you can do is make unproven allegations based on a few anecdotes of prior unsatisfactory treatment which do not necessarily have anything to do with Matt's situation.

Surely you understand that it's not possible for me to find out what happened; whether decisions made with regard to Matt were fair and reasonable in the circumstances. I'm in Australia.

It now seems clear to me that either you are incapable of finding out what happened or you are simply not interested because your agenda is just waging a vendetta against the BPH.

Once again, you've got it wrong. The thread started out with wrong assumptions, we now know. It's beginning to look as though it's continuing with wrong assumptions. Having expressed our sympathies to Matt's family, all that remains is for someone to find out exactly what happened. You are the people on the ground, at the coal face, and yet you seem incapable of finding out what happened. All you can do is make unproven allegations based on a few anecdotes of prior unsatisfactory treatment which do not necessarily have anything to do with Matt's situation.

Surely you understand that it's not possible for me to find out what happened; whether decisions made with regard to Matt were fair and reasonable in the circumstances. I'm in Australia.

It now seems clear to me that either you are incapable of finding out what happened or you are simply not interested because your agenda is just waging a vendetta against the BPH.

Ignored by Mobi. Your posts are no longer relevant to this topic.

Sorry.

Yet again mock objectivity, with the actual message rammed home at the end, namely that the majority on this board are " waging a vendetta against the BPH ".

All very manipulative, all very clever...but enough is enough.