Mbk Bowling Center - Poorly Maintained

Have been to MBK bowling center twice with some fiends and we've used a total of 4 different lanes, none of which worked properly.

On 3 of the lanes, the pin-grabbing machine that comes down to lift the remaining pins after you've bowled your first ball cannot grab all pins. So depending on what's left, the sweep bar that comes across after the pins are lifted sweeps away those pins that the pin-grabbing machine missed. The result is that the missed pins disappear after the first ball, and are counted in your favor after the 2nd ball (even if it was a gutter ball). However it can also work against you and create some nasty splits for your 2nd ball.

On one lane it never grabbed 3 pin locations. On two other lanes, it always missed 2 pin locations. The 4th lane worked OK about half of the time and missed 1 or 2 pins the other times.

Once we even asked for 2 new lanes, and still had the same issues on the new lanes.

On top of that, today the music was cranked up so loud you could only hear the person next to you if they shouted. And they have a limited choice of balls for use.

Otherwise the place is great and the nearby MBK food court is a real plus.

Anybody know of any other bowling centers close to the Sukhumvit area that are better maintained?

Edited by MMan

Bowling centers in Bkk. are pretty bad if you go there just to bowl, rather than eat, drink, listen to loud crappy music or sing karaoke. I've tried several centers, and all have problems. The music really puts me off, tho sometimes early afternoons are not quite so loud. The pinsetter problems mentioned by the OP are also common, tho not quite as bad as at MBK. Lane maintenance is not so hot either. The center in the mall on Sukhumvit near Ekamai is not too bad sometimes. I've had to change lanes several times to find one that is problem-free, but the staff there are usually helpful. I keep my ball and shoes in a locker there. My ball still bears the wounds inflicted by a pinsetting machine that took a couple of small chunks while failing to return it, at a center that is now closed, next to The Londoner on Sukh. at soi 33. Never bowled in Pattaya, but I like the old-fashioned quiet atmosphere in the OD Hotel and Bowling way down in south Pattaya. No idea about the equipment there.