Thai travel agent offers “Vaccine Tour" to US for 76,000 baht

webfact

12 hours ago, Mango Bob said:

These people can get. a tour and the vaccine.  While foreigners here can not get <deleted>

and foreigners here can get the same!! Just contact the tour/travelcompany .

Very interesting.  A Thai friend of mine (quite wealthy, well connected and works in the higher levels of government) told me about this last week. He and his wife are going to the US later this month and having the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. He doesn't want the vaccines offered in Thailand. He's had an email confirmation of the vaccine dates apparently. I was astonished when he told me about this and only half believed him, but it does seem to be true.  I'm surprised the US allow it. He and his wife are in their early 40's so not a priority group....

3 hours ago, HauptmannUK said:

Very interesting.  A Thai friend of mine (quite wealthy, well connected and works in the higher levels of government) told me about this last week. He and his wife are going to the US later this month and having the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. He doesn't want the vaccines offered in Thailand. He's had an email confirmation of the vaccine dates apparently. I was astonished when he told me about this and only half believed him, but it does seem to be true.  I'm surprised the US allow it. He and his wife are in their early 40's so not a priority group....

Is he doing it in a package, or all booked privately? I know of 2 Thais who have gone to the US for the same reason.

I'm not a US citizen, but that does not seem to be a qualification. It is certainly something I am considering, along with going up to Hong Kong where I have Right of Abode, but only once the 21 days quarantine is lifted, or going to UK, (I'm British, but that's not a qualification), but there the wait time is currently 11 weeks between doses, so waiting to see if that improves with more supply. The ideal situation would be getting it here, but the statements of intent are very very vague from both government and private hospital scenarios. It will be make-my-mind-up time by July.

20 minutes ago, samtam said:

Is he doing it in a package, or all booked privately? I know of 2 Thais who have gone to the US for the same reason.

I'm not a US citizen, but that does not seem to be a qualification. It is certainly something I am considering, along with going up to Hong Kong where I have Right of Abode, but only once the 21 days quarantine is lifted, or going to UK, (I'm British, but that's not a qualification), but there the wait time is currently 11 weeks between doses, so waiting to see if that improves with more supply. The ideal situation would be getting it here, but the statements of intent are very very vague from both government and private hospital scenarios. It will be make-my-mind-up time by July.

Remember, once you make it to the US and is vaccinated you still have to return. Which means a 14 day ASQ quarantine which will also cost $1-2,000. , combine all and you would have spend several Thousand dollars and a considerable part of your life for that vaccine. IMO, if you were willing to spend that kind of money for a vaccine, I am sure you would be able to do so here in Thailand by July.  

• Like 1