Accountant at nursing college in Uttaradit stole 2 million baht to fund social life

webfact

5pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Crime Suppression Division police in Uttaradit in northern Thailand served an arrest warrant on a 34 year old former accounts clerk at an area nursing college. 

Juthamas Mahawee was picked up in the parking lot of a mall on Injaimee Road in Muang district yesterday. 

Between 2018 and 2019 while she was in the civil service she forged the signature of both the director and deputy on six occasions diverting 2 million baht into her own account from educational funds. 

She admitted the activity. At first she managed to repay money she stole but later that proved impossible as her need for money increased, reported Daily News who said she had admitted the crime. 

They said she liked to go out at night with friends and needed money for that and her debts. 

logo.thumb.jpg.58700f12f9218149b3e2f82126b72e4d.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-05-07

• Haha 2

There is always a reason and there will be lies, some heartfelt or heart wrenching reason as to why she had to take the money, then the lies about how she tried to repay it, such a good conscience, but when unable to do so, she then stole more.  The other lies will be about what she intended to do with the money and what she really spent it on.  Thailand really is a hub of dishonesty, deceit and deception.

• Like 1

"At first she managed to repay money she stole but later that proved impossible as her need for money increased" Haha thats a good one... reminds me of when we caught our sister-in-law stealing and her excuse "I needed money... what could I do?" Priceless.

5 hours ago, JustAnotherFarang said:

There is always a reason and there will be lies, some heartfelt or heart wrenching reason as to why she had to take the money, then the lies about how she tried to repay it, such a good conscience, but when unable to do so, she then stole more.  The other lies will be about what she intended to do with the money and what she really spent it on.  Thailand really is a hub of dishonesty, deceit and deception.

Of course not many admit their guilt right away. Same goes for foreigners why else are there law cases. The times i see people denying simple facts that are proven in Dutch law cases is high too. Yes there is also always a sob story. Maybe you should watch some law docu's from your own country. Quite insightful. 

5 hours ago, JustAnotherFarang said:

Thailand really is a hub of dishonesty, deceit and deception.

The Thai people I interact with on a daily basis are honest and reliable. A few have stepped in to help me in some of the worst situations.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, timendres said:

The Thai people I interact with on a daily basis are honest and reliable. A few have stepped in to help me in some of the worst situations.

I am not tarring all thai people with the same brush but my point still stands, Thailand is a hub of deceit, dishonesty and deception