Visiting England

Having read all the threads on visa rejections for Thai G/Fs wanting to visit the Uk.......what happens where a Thai (male or female) wants to visit the Uk as a tourist for lets say 3 months...i.e they apply to the British Embassy on their own without any "farang" involement at the Thai end. Providing they have funds to support thier stay to show to the embassy, do they really have such a hard time obtaining a tourist visa? Also would thier application be looked upon more favourable if they had a sponser in the Uk ,lets say an elderly couple whom he or she met while they were holidaying in Thailand offering accomodation for the duration of the intended visit to the Uk? Anybody had any experience of this?

In addition to the original post, I would sure like to hear from some group tour professionals about what they do for Thais and other Asians who go on group tours to the U.S. and U.K.

Perhaps, an escourted tour gets different consideration as the tourist is supervised all of the time, the return fare is guaranteed and perhaps the tour guides report to immigration the minute a member of their tour goes missing???

what happens where a Thai (male or female) wants to visit the Uk as a tourist for lets say 3 months...i.e they apply to the British Embassy on their own without any "farang" involement at the Thai end.

Believe it or not there are actually wealthy educated thai individuals and familys who have to do this everyday for personal/business or family trips.

So what happens ? Well they apply(in person or by proxy) and get a visa.Simple.

If the thai is from a "more humble" background, then the chances of visa success are much less, but not impossible.

what  happens  where  a  Thai  (male  or  female)  wants  to  visit  the  Uk  as  a  tourist  for  lets  say  3  months...i.e  they  apply  to  the  British  Embassy  on  their  own  without  any  "farang"  involement  at  the  Thai  end.

Believe it or not there are actually wealthy educated thai individuals and familys who have to do this everyday for personal/business or family trips.

So what happens ? Well they apply(in person or by proxy) and get a visa.Simple.

If the thai is from a "more humble" background, then the chances of visa success are much less, but not impossible.

I suggest that the simplest way to find out would be to just go to the British Embassy and ASK the question.

Then you could enlighten everyone via this medium.

Dr......that was partly what i was getting at.....if you were a European, Aus, Nz or American national you would not expect to provide proof of a 'decent " job or property assets simply to go on holiday would you? To come here from the Uk for example , when you apply for a tourist visa you dont need to provide evidence of any of the above.....and even a return ticket is only neccessary for 30 day on arrival visitors....so maybe we are not so badly done by here after all.......food for thought!

Having read all the threads on visa rejections for Thai G/Fs wanting to visit the Uk.......what happens where a Thai (male or female) wants to visit the Uk as a tourist for lets say 3 months...i.e they apply to the British Embassy on their own without any "farang" involement at the Thai end. Providing they have funds to support thier stay to show to the embassy, do they really have such a hard time obtaining a tourist visa? Also would thier application be looked upon more favourable if they had a sponser in the Uk ,lets say an elderly couple whom he or she met while they were holidaying in Thailand offering accomodation for the duration of the intended visit to the Uk? Anybody had any experience of this?

Two girls from my office applied for and got visa's same day to visit the UK for a week. No farang involvement - they just wanted to go to the UK and see the sights. They had no problems whatsoever in getting the visa. They did of course have letters confirming their employment in a multinational company, however they are not hi so Thai's and both hail from Issan but have university degrees and reasonable jobs with salaries around 20,000 month.

Hope this helps

its all much of a muchness. They want to know that you will return home at the end of your stay and not work illegally while there. The British have categories of "suspect" foreigners who they will give the once over before letting in.

Its no fun being an Australian under 30 turning up in the UK either.

A young unemployed Aussie/Kiwi who turns up a Heathrow is going to always get grilled and if the immigration officer doesn't believe that the purpose of their trip is a holiday and has a pretty good chance of being turned back.

A young unmployed Brit will face a similar grilling when thinking about going to OZ.