Slew of financial aid programs forthcoming

ecc882929616037adb588efc29ef70f4_small.jpeg

BANGKOK (NNT) - The Ministry of Finance has announced that those already registered for the co-pay scheme will not have to sign up again for the third phase and that transfers under the Rao Chana and Article 33 programs should take place within the month of May.

Director of the Fiscal Policy Office Kulaya Tantitemit, as spokesperson of the Ministry of Finance, explained that two transfers of 1,000 baht making a total of 2,000 baht will be issued to members of the Rao Chana government aid program pending a presentation by the ministry to the Cabinet next week. If approved at the meeting, the transfers should take place on May 20 and 27 without requiring participants re-register.

Similar transfers in the Article 33 program are set to take place on May 24 and 31. The total 2,000 baht will be available for use by participants in the social security program until the end of June, 2021.

For the July to December period, welfare card holders will receive an extra 200 baht for six months, totaling 1,200 baht to spur spending. Others in need can also apply for assistance, which will be provided in the form of a similar 200 baht transfer each month for six months.

The third phase of the co-pay scheme will encompass 31 million citizens, 15 million of whom were registered during its first and second phase. Those already taking part in Rao Chana or Article 33 will be able to register for co-pay privileges during this forthcoming phase.

The government’s newest program is the “Spend More Get More” program, which will see E-vouchers provided to eligible individuals for spending via the Pao Tang application. Up to 4 million people are expected to benefit from the measure, which is targeted at those who already have high spending power but have been reluctant to consume. Overall, the four programs will provide aid to more than 51 million people and should stimulate 473 billion baht in financial turnover.

nnt.jpg
-- © Copyright NNT 2021-05-09

4 minutes ago, Henryford said:

My thai friends are so excited about getting 2000 baht. Their problems are over !

Exactly. They spread their aid too thin by giving too small amounts to too many people.

my thai friends up here can do with the money  but what makes me laugh is they think it's the prime minister giving them the money personally   i think it's to justify his own personal ego 

I read an article recently that a lot of the Red Thaksin villages actually changed to now support the government because of all the benefits they constantly get. The village heads pressuring the people to change their political leaning because the money they are getting is good.

All these help programs do change peoples minds, you all might find the amounts low (and I agree) but its more then what they got in the past. 

I personally hope that the article is wrong and the government gets less support next election but it seems they are solidifying their base with all those government funds to villages (just like Thaksin did in the past). Just pay people and whoever pays most they will support.

I think the article was in the BKK post a while back. I hope the writer was wrong. Would hate to see this government stay in power.

2 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Well for a week anyway, until the Lao Khao is finished.

Sounds like you guys could use some new friends. Just Sayin'

My friends are nothing like that.

I make it a point not to be friends with people like that.

After 30+ years here I know to not count on Mr. Lao kaolin (Carabao).

5 hours ago, Henryford said:

My thai friends are so excited about getting 2000 baht. Their problems are over !

Mrs. Connda enjoys the extra spending money.

3 hours ago, SouthernMan3 said:

Sounds like you guys could use some new friends. Just Sayin'

My friends are nothing like that.

I make it a point not to be friends with people like that.

After 30+ years here I know to not count on Mr. Lao kaolin (Carabao).

Haven't Mcr City just won his Cup?   LOL

3 hours ago, SouthernMan3 said:

Joke all you want. 2000 bht. buys rice, electricity and water for a couple of months (depending on your family size).

You must not have much contact with low income families..........

I have contact with plenty of low, or no income families...the whole village in fact.

And I can assure you that none of the money they get from the government goes into paying food or electricity (most of them pay very little or nothing for electricity).

When there are enough family members collecting handouts, a lot of money goes into trading cows.

Our neighbor, who is my wife's aunt, and who lives in a one room windowless house, spent it on a flat screen TV.

On top of that, there are the usual mobile phones "investments".

Generally speaking, the poor in villages are not interested in spending any money for food.

They eat their rice mixed with whatever they can gather during the day (chicken, fish, insects, mushrooms...).

Of course, in the cities it is different because life there will little or no money is far more difficult.

Edited by Brunolem

On 5/9/2021 at 3:42 PM, Brunolem said:

I have contact with plenty of low, or no income families...the whole village in fact.

And I can assure you that none of the money they get from the government goes into paying food or electricity (most of them pay very little or nothing for electricity).

When there are enough family members collecting handouts, a lot of money goes into trading cows.

Our neighbor, who is my wife's aunt, and who lives in a one room windowless house, spent it on a flat screen TV.

On top of that, there are the usual mobile phones "investments".

Generally speaking, the poor in villages are not interested in spending any money for food.

They eat their rice mixed with whatever they can gather during the day (chicken, fish, insects, mushrooms...).

Of course, in the cities it is different because life there will little or no money is far more difficult.

At least with a new TV she will for sure be more Hppy staying home.

This will help the whole world as right now the safest t5hing for everyone to to for everyone else in THE WORLD is to only mix with people when necessary.

On 5/9/2021 at 9:28 AM, Henryford said:

Bet they are looking to the day that they and their families can have 200 billion baht deposited into their offshore accounts too, just to even up a little what others have had since 2014????

Edited by Excel
  • Like 1

Yes, that extra 200 baht will be a major boon for the malls, retail and the economy in general. The biggest issue for most people is going to be trying to decide where to spend it all. 

The kindness, generosity, and largess simply overwhelms the heart.