Flash express couriers

seajae

anyone having trouble with this pathetic service and their delivery times, from Bangkok to Surat Thani is taking 3 plus days, ordered frozen food, it took 3 1/2 days and when it arrived all the dry ice had melted inside the foam box and we had to toss some of it away because everything had thawed, the meat was actually warm so had probably been sitting in the back of the truck in full sun for 2 days. Now we are waiting on another delivery  that has taken 4 days so far, they put up on the tracking we requested a re schedule which is a total lie and probably to save face, this has to be the worst courier service around, they should change their name to snail delivery but that would be an insult to snails, they also refuse to answer any complaints/queries/emails, will never let anyone we buy from use them in the future and tell them to use Kerry only or lose the order

I have no problem with Flash but when it comes to food deliveries I insist they use Inter Express Logistics who have never let me down in the many frozen/chilled orders. I order one day, order picked ready for packing same or next day annd handed over to courier.

I ask for extra dry ice as it mostly has to come from Pattaya to near Sangkhlaburi, about a 7 hour drive. Only had one which was on the borderline of not being cold enough (an this prompted the extra dry ice).

Maybe its the supplier packing too early before pick up?

• Like 2

I think its the same with all the courier companies. We often send fruit etc from north to Bangkok always 3+ days, it does not work with courier.

We are now using the buslines, here we can be sure the stuff will arrive some hours later, but only to the bus terminals, the stuff must be picked up at the terminal.

I had the same issue with stuff ordered from Samui.

It took a very long time, but what I then found it is that when you have a larger item delivered they will NOT use the local guys to deliver it (which we normally don't have a problem with) but they will use a pickup which comes from the city and they take their time to deliver it.(even was delayed for more then 1 day)

We were so fed up that we contacted the seller and said use Kerry (will pay extra ) and the following package (shipping paid by the seller (great service) even came faster then the Kerry tracking announced!

Edited by MJCM
  • Like 1

My wife runs a baked goods business from home and uses Flash extensively every day, she rates them very highly for service and price. They are far cheaper than Kerry for her business and they have never failed her after a thousand or more deliveries.

1 hour ago, finnsk said:

I think its the same with all the courier companies. We often send fruit etc from north to Bangkok always 3+ days, it does not work with courier.

We are now using the buslines, here we can be sure the stuff will arrive some hours later, but only to the bus terminals, the stuff must be picked up at the terminal.

I can attest to the expediency of using inter-provincial buses. When Mrs NL had her Isaan food emporium on Pattaya's darkside and was running low on the essential and authentic pla-rah base, a call to her rels back up in Udon would see a couple of large cans dispatched on the overnight service. We would get a 6 a.m. phone call from any one of several motorcycle taxi guys that monitored the drop-off point on Sukhumvit @ Naklua and we would pick the delivery up on the way back from the market.

49 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Flash generall havnt been too bad in my experience. Kerry I have found to be the best.Bus service can be same day !

Flash were a bit rough when lazada started using them last year but once we sorted out a non-issue with the address, it's been all good.

I recently had a Kerry Express from Songkhla to Udon Thani that arrived on time at the depot here then languished for a day with their tracker saying 'unable to contact recipient' which wasn't the case as there were no missed calls that day. They called the following morning to confirm someone would be home to receive but two hours later, I got a text message saying that due to being very busy, delivery could be delayed up to two days. Then they delivered that afternoon around 5 p.m.

I wouldn't be surprised that there may be some lag in some delivery times due to the patchwork of 'curfews' that exist across the country.

Yes, I find the same with the poster above - if something arrives in a depot, usually my local depot - it will sit for a whole day, before delivery sometime the next - a bit like the post office.

I think Kerry’s have better infrastructure, sometimes I’m really impressed with their logistics - you can see Lazada parcels arrive at BKK from CNX on the app, then within an hour they are on the way to the south. I live around the corner from the main depot and I can often see the truck being unloaded in the mid morning, a message comes and the driver is outside after he returns to collect his second load of the day. 

I look forward to moving to issan next month, then I can get pies and meat delivered by bus .. an impossibility at the moment.

5 hours ago, finnsk said:

Unfortunately bus lines delivery only work if there is a direct connection with the bus from seller to buyer.

In the case of me ordering stuff from Samui there isn't a direct connection and thus we have to relay on courier services.

But my wife often sends veggies from her garden to her SIL in Pattaya and with NCA (NakornChaiAir) it's there the following morning (and still fresh)

On 5/10/2021 at 12:36 PM, MJCM said:

I had the same issue with stuff ordered from Samui.

It took a very long time, but what I then found it is that when you have a larger item delivered they will NOT use the local guys to deliver it (which we normally don't have a problem with) but they will use a pickup which comes from the city and they take their time to deliver it.(even was delayed for more then 1 day)

We were so fed up that we contacted the seller and said use Kerry (will pay extra ) and the following package (shipping paid by the seller (great service) even came faster then the Kerry tracking announced!

mate, I did exactly the same thing, told them to use Kerry as they deliver it asap

I ordered a case of A-4 paper on Lazada: 2-4 day delivery (Bangkok) promised. 

On day 3, got a notification it was in the hands of a Flash driver, even gave his name and mobile number.  Two full days went by, no delivery.  I had a Thai speaker call his number.

"Ohh, Sorry, Sorry, come today."   He delivered the next day.     I suspect he was waiting hopefully to get other deliveries in my area.

If you have an idiot as the delivery driver in your area that's of course always problematic, but this can happen with any shipping company.

But in general Flash Express is probably the best shipping company. One of the biggest advantages is that you can lookup (sadly only in the app though) the direct phone numbers of the warehouse responsible for your delivery, as well as the phone number of your delivery driver.

Flash express offers a "speed delivery" option which the sender can book, then they guarantee delivery within 1-2 days, would make sense for frozen things ????

On 5/10/2021 at 4:00 PM, recom273 said:

Yes, I find the same with the poster above - if something arrives in a depot, usually my local depot - it will sit for a whole day, before delivery sometime the next - a bit like the post office.

That's because the delivery driver packs the parcels in his pickup in the morning at 8am, and then does his tour which might take the whole day if you live somewhere outside of a city. If the parcels from Bangkok arrive at 10am, they will stay there until the next day. If you live in a city they usually do multiple rounds per day, with pickup as well as motorbike. But with Flash Express it's no problem to just go to the Depot yourself and pickup your parcel there, if you see this happening in the tracking and are in a hurry to get the parcel.

Edited by jackdd

9 hours ago, jackdd said:

That's because the delivery driver packs the parcels in his pickup in the morning at 8am, and then does his tour which might take the whole day if you live somewhere outside of a city. If the parcels from Bangkok arrive at 10am, they will stay there until the next day. If you live in a city they usually do multiple rounds per day, with pickup as well as motorbike. But with Flash Express it's no problem to just go to the Depot yourself and pickup your parcel there, if you see this happening in the tracking and are in a hurry to get the parcel.

This is the way of the past, Kerry and Lazada riders do two or three loads a day.

It has been mentioned by others that it’s just typical inconsistent service from region to region, so everyone’s experiences may differ, maybe flash offer a better service in your area.

You can also see from the tracking app, the logistics are managed better at Kerry’s. I get the impression that incoming trucks are managed to coincide with outgoing. The local riders do a second pickup after the afternoon truck has received the second truck of the day. 

Im not complaining, I just accept it as it is, but sometimes (customer) service in Thailand is sadly lacking, but I do find Kerry express is one of the success stories.

Kerry express is a global company that has been running since the 80s, I think their logistics management is on point.

They seem to retain their staff, the same guy has been doing our route for the past couple of years, before him was another guy who went to drive an orange pickup. Although it’s getting better, Flash seem to send a different guy every week who are constantly calling to find where the house is.

I don’t really worry about deliveries to rush down to the depot and get them to dig out the parcel.

Let’s see if my opinion changes when I move from the suburbs of Hat Yai to a Issan village next month. 

• 6 months later...

Tracking a package for delivery from one district to another within Bangkok has proven amusing.

Assuming their tracking system reflects reality, this package has made its way to Nonthaburi, Ayutthaya and now rests in Chonburi, all in less than 12 hours.

This is their express service.

I would venture to say that service can vary given your location and delivery person.

Locally, the Flash man for my area will first stop at my rental house to check if I am home. If not, he will come to the where i am building a house. Only after that will he call.

One time as I was turning onto the main highway from the land, he saw my pickup and turned around to meet me on the highway.

Good guy all-around and happy to have a job.

Frozen food is tricky in any country and it would appear others have some good suggestions.

Cheers

My package went back to Chonburi, for a second time for the evening, then back to my district the following morning, with delivery in the afternoon.

So two-day delivery. Which is great, as advertised.

But, following the package was a bit dizzying compared to other carriers here.

I would have paid for a point-to-point courier, but didn't have that option from the seller.