Exchange Rates

joe88

can anyone tell me what the exchange rate is over in thailand at the moment. ive been told its better to change my money out there rather than in the uk. im flying into bangkok but going to pattaya. is the airport rates just asgood as any where else. Also what r the places like in pattaya? e.g do they all charge commision and many other hidden costs.

cheers

joe

To get an idea of the current exchange rates (British Pounds to Thai Baht) have a look at the underlined link. Another good site is this one. I am showing the current rate as 64.9584 THB = 1.00 GBP.

Do not change your money in the UK unless you can get a rate close to this. Change your money at the airport when you land in Thailand. Between your arrival gate and baggage collection is a money exchange booth.

Pattaya has a number of exchange booths, with several located on Beach Road. They are quite competitive.

Check with your bank before you leave and you should be able to easily use your ATM card in Thailand. This is the safest way.

Peter

can anyone tell me what the exchange rate is over in thailand at the moment. ive been told its better to change my money out there rather than in the uk. im flying into bangkok but going to pattaya. is the airport rates just asgood as any where else. Also what r the places like in pattaya? e.g do they all charge commision and many other hidden costs.

cheers

joe

Hi Joe, here are 2 links direct to the banks website that will give you the correct exchange rate on the day with those banks. LINK 1 and LINK 2. You have also been told correctly to change your money here. If you use an ATM you will get the TT rate minus your fees, the cash rate is exactly what you will get for cash without fees. At the airport I would use an ATM or an offical bank exchange booth.

In Pattaya there are official money changers in addition to the bank exchange booths. They offer a slightly better rate, one of the places is called Yenjit Money Changer on Walking Street just past the big tree on the right, roughly opposite Tony's, again they do not charge fees. Good luck and happy holidays. :o

Edited by bmanly

To get an idea of the current exchange rates (British Pounds to Thai Baht) have a look at the underlined link. Another good site is this one. I am showing the current rate as 64.9584 THB = 1.00 GBP.

Do not change your money in the UK unless you can get a rate close to this. Change your money at the airport when you land in Thailand. Between your arrival gate and baggage collection is a money exchange booth.

Pattaya has a number of exchange booths, with several located on Beach Road. They are quite competitive.

Check with your bank before you leave and you should be able to easily use your ATM card in Thailand. This is the safest way.

Peter

Hi

What hours is the exchange booth open between the arival gate and the baggage collection?

I am landing at 7:20 in th morning

thanks

Edited by kevio252