Looking for 3-5kw hybrid inverter without grid feed that can work with and without battery within 20k baht budget

I have been searching for a hybrid inverter for a while now, that will suit my needs. I will share with you my findings sofar.

These are my needs:

- 3-5kw hybrid inverter, that can work with and without batteries

- hybrid has an AC grid input to assist solar in charging the battery and feeding the load, however inverter should not be able to feed back to the grid [see below why]

- budget within 20k baht

- at least 1 year warranty

- has some good reviews in after sales and there is a local installer that has experience

What I don't want is a hybrid, that will feed back into the grid, e.g. Sorotec Revo II, because I don't want to have to deal with PEA.

But more importantly, all the zero export CT connections that I see, is limited to max 10 meters.

I want to place my hybrid at least 20m from the main distribution panel, due to the noise of the fans.

Some of my load will still be grid connected e.g. water heaters, and the grid is also connected to an ATS switch as a backup source.

I have been looking into lazada, shopee, thai solar shops and alibaba.

What I have found that fit within my budget and needs are 2 models [ 3/5.x kwh wifi parallel model, the other is 3-5.x kw bluetooth single model], sold by various manufacturers that have them sourced thru Voltronic Power.

You will find them as the following brands Victor, Y&H,  Sunmart, Easun, MPP Solar, Sorotec, Anern and Growatt.

Looking at the best warranty, after sales and installation support, I am tending to Anern and Growatt. Anern also has a local installer in Ayuthaya.

Any thoughts? 

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, 4myr said:

But more importantly, all the zero export CT connections that I see, is limited to max 10 meters.

I want to place my hybrid at least 20m from the main distribution panel, due to the noise of the fans.

I don't see any distance limit on our Sofar CT, it's currently about 30m from the inverter.

CTs actually are pretty immune to cable length so long as a decent size cable is used. Stick it on 1.5mm2 mains cable and it will be fine.

On 5/14/2021 at 2:52 PM, 4myr said:

What I have found that fit within my budget and needs are 2 models [ 3/5.x kwh wifi parallel model, the other is 3-5.x kw bluetooth single model], sold by various manufacturers that have them sourced thru Voltronic Power.

You will find them as the following brands Victor, Y&H,  Sunmart, Easun, MPP Solar, Sorotec, Anern and Growatt.

I'll be interested in what you find.

My own experience: I tried purchasing a couple Suoer MPS-5KVA-48V inverters. Planning to use them basically for a large-scale "battery backup system" / AVR for a friend. While I've been testing the setup at my house, I've experienced some "Fault 09" errors (which I understand can have a number of causes, mostly by wrong voltages) at times when starting up. The first two or three times I had the error, the error occurred when powering it up the first time after connecting the battery bank, and it resolved itself after several hours of being turned off.

I'm looking around for warranty repair for the inverter that's giving me the most trouble, and finding that the Suoer company is not responding to emails from me or from the (Shoppee) seller I purchased it from. Very disappointing. Needless to say, I can't recommend Suoer. Hope you find a company that has someone here in Thailand who can give you good warranty service.