Top Bangkok private hospital abruptly removes Moderna registration channel citing "miscommunication"

webfact

55 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Any generals have shares in Zuellig ? 

Probably lurking in the background somewhere. After all, we all know who owns Siam Biotech so a general or two behind the scenes would be par for the course.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Antonymous said:

Hospitals have been warned that they may not advertise the service until the doses have finally touched down in Thailand.

On the one hand this might be seen as a sensible precaution that protects the public (from being disappointed in case there are insufficient quantities of Moderna available in October).

On the other hand it helps the Government's case of persuading as many people as possible to get other vaxes now that there are well known vested interests in.

They have used the fear factor and that has largely failed. Next there may be a rollout of coercion as practiced in Buriram. Delaying the availability of Moderna is just another method of getting what they want.

The barber who cuts my hair in Phuket was told some time ago that they had to be vaccinated or his business would have to close because he deals with the public. So he registered and got a May date for the jab. Then the Bangkok 3rd wave started to pick up steam and he was told his jab was delayed because the vaccine was needed in Bangkok. 

learned this over my last three visits and I’ll get an update when I go this pm. I expect he has a new appointment scheduled.

but my point is, he had to register or his business would be closed. The burilam coercion type strategy has been around for a while.

of course, for the overall population it’s a benefit because more people are vaccinated. Not a great day for civil liberties however.

• Like 2

I have registered with the pooyai at my Baan. I don't know if he will forward my info to appropriate authorities, in not I will just wait until the vaccine becomes available in sufficient quantities and has actually arrived in the country. I'm not rushing about like a headless chicken trying to get appointments from clowns. Plus any of these systems like QR codes and the like have almost not chance of working given the IT performance in the rest off government and especially the Immigration department.

Edited by Pedrogaz

There are some oral vaccines in various stages of testing.  If one of them gets approved I might have my family try and mail some to me.  That might happen sooner than getting vaccinated here, like a year from now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

While vested interests in Thailand vie to obtain maximum financial benefit from the pandemic I'm afraid the only thing we can do is wait until, eventually, the vaccines become available to us. Sounds like October, and not much to be gained by getting over-exercised in the meantime.