Zodiac Salt Water Chlorinator (TriSeries) Timer Problems

teevee

Does anybody in the Pattaya / Rayong area service the Zodiac SWC. 

Mine is 12 years old with a 2 year old cell and rund fine except that it loses its time / timer settings whenever there is a power cut. 

From what I have read its very likely that the “backup battery” inside the enclosure is dead. The problem started a few weeks ago after several long power cuts (2hrs+).

I don't feel competent to rip it apart and change the back-up battery as the manual - and ab Australian forum - says they are soldered in.and not particularly easy to change.

Right now am running it on an external timer but still will not start without going out to press the start button but it does stop on the external timer - also chlorine production reverts to 10% so have to jack that up as well.

Any advice or help would be appreciated.

Thanks

One of the worst machines on the market. Your problems will not go away!

When the company was sold awhile back the buyer was not aware of 7 + Million in warranty claims on the table!

Consider a different brand.

Edited by moderation. Promotion of business is not permitted.

Edited by darksidedog
Moderator edit

1 hour ago, teevee said:

From what I have read its very likely that the “backup battery” inside the enclosure is dead. The problem started a few weeks ago after several long power cuts (2hrs+).

When you remove the front cover, you will see on the backside of the PCB that holds the LCD, 3 rechargeable button batteries.

You can order them from Lazada or Shopee, and have your local tv repair shop replace them, as they are soldered on the pcb.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/193491269262?hash=item2d0cfa768e:g:am4AAOSw1T1e1LEG

To remove the front cover is very easy.

You press the silver cover at the sides, then you can lift it off

Next there are just 4 screws at the side, and maybe 2 small ones underneath if you have the pH module.

Remove them and you can lift of the front part, while the power rack remains on the wall

Edited by Susco