The Vaccination Maze

I managed to register using the currrent App for a vaccination.   I received a reply which asked for my current address and age.   I am soon to be 83.  I was then required to choose which hospital.    At the end Iwas informed (No choice) that I would receive the Sinovac vaccine and was required to agree or not to that vaccine.   Needless to say I declined.  

This vaccine has not been tested onpeople over 60 plus the Thai PM declined his shot of Sinovac and waited instead for the A Z vaccine.   

I will now wait until the Private hospitals are offering AZ, which I understand could be in the period June to August 2021 (Hopefully)

However, none of the Private hospitals in the Province which I live (Khon Kaen) can offer any information on the subject.   All my phone calls and visits are met with the same 'sorry no hab vaccine' and 'no register names'

i think the trip I did not want to make to the UK is fast approaching!   

• Like 1

I know many expats that are scheduled for an AZ jab in early June.  Perhaps wait a few weeks to see how things pan out before heading home.  I'm also considering this, but decided to wait a bit before doing so. 

4 minutes ago, Havenstreet1940 said:

i think the trip I did not want to make to the UK is fast approaching!   

Probably safer to stay where you are and just not have a vaccine, than risk a month of unvaccinated travel around the world.

• Like 1