Thai government expects to open vaccine registration to foreigners by August

AlfHuy

Sure.  First it was going to be in June.  Now they say August. 

70+ years old and/or with serious pre-existing conditions?  Doesn't matter.  You're a foreigner so you're at the end of the line.

"I can read the tea leaves" " I can see the writing on the wall" 

Singapore Airlines from BKK to LAX.  Probably after the Tokyo Olympics(if it happens) because this could be a disaster.  How the Tokyo Olympics turn out could have positive or negative impact on international air travel?  

This morning the village headman announced over the loud speakers that vaccinations will be commencing soon and for everybody to register asap. My wife went over to register and asked about me, who is the sole foreigner in this village. The answer was no. I cannot register, this is for Thais only. And I should contact my embassy and ask them about vaccination.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, grain said:

My wife went over to register and asked about me, who is the sole foreigner in this village. The answer was no. I cannot register, this is for Thais only.

A very realistic scenario. Thanks for that and I will not even ask (being in the same situation).

They will drain money from foreigners for the vaccination.

That's my firm belief.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, grain said:

This morning the village headman announced over the loud speakers that vaccinations will be commencing soon and for everybody to register asap. My wife went over to register and asked about me, who is the sole foreigner in this village. The answer was no. I cannot register, this is for Thais only. And I should contact my embassy and ask them about vaccination.

Tell them your Thai too, same same but just a bit different.

As well tell the head sheriff: next time, a donation is required or whatever, you are the only farang and won't participate.

00A25CCE-CA75-4042-8C18-65B8A7DD5D92.jpeg

• Like 1

And yet, and yet....in one of yesterday's announcements (from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, it says  all foreigners in Thailand will be able to register at vaccination centres for Covid-19 shots from June 7, "when the campaign for mass inoculations begins".

I'll see you five, and raise you ten....