Does my Thai wife have to make a Rental Lease Agreement for me to get the Residency Certificate?

I live in my Thai wife's house, and so obviously I don't have a rental contract, nor is my name in the house ownership blue books.  

Does my wife have to make a rental lease agreement for me to get the Residency Certificate at Immigration?

2 minutes ago, creative1000 said:

Does my wife have to make a rental lease agreement for me to get the Residency Certificate at Immigration?

No  you just need a copy of the house "blue book"

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I do mine at metaphut in Rayong and no books no anything, the tm30 or whatever it is that I have stapled into my passport is all I show, it has my address on it. The first time they did a phone call to my lady and that's it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

You could apply for a Yellow Tabien Baan so that you don’t need to obtain the Certificate of Residence from Immigration every year. 

yes, that is actually why I need it. I went to the Amphur Office with Thai wife, with bluebook, passport pages, marriage cert, and the office said I was missing the Residence Certificate.  <sigh> ????‍♂️ 

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, creative1000 said:

yes, that is actually why I need it. I went to the Amphur Office with Thai wife, with bluebook, passport pages, marriage cert, and the office said I was missing the Residence Certificate.  <sigh> ????‍♂️ 

Expect them to then say that they want a translation of your passport. They may also ask that it be certified by MFA in Bangkok.

• Haha 1

I normally just take a copy of either the water / electric bill which is in the wifes name but same surname as mine. The name on the bill is in Thai. Never had a problem in Pattaya immigration getting residency cert.

19 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You only need a signed copy of your wife's house book and ID card.

They might also want a copy of your marriage certificate.

If I remember last time I asked for this residency. They also wanted the owner of the house whose name is in the blue book to be present. This was a problem as I remember due to the age of my father in law. So they permitted my wife to act in his behalf. They do require though a form filled out by the owner and copy of bluebook as well as copy of the owners ID. 

20 hours ago, creative1000 said:

nor is my name in the house ownership blue books

The blue book has nothing to do with ownership of the house. It is simply an address registration for Thai people only. The only non Thai people that can be registered in a blue book (actually have to be registered in a blue book) are holders of PR.

1 hour ago, thesetat2013 said:

If I remember last time I asked for this residency. They also wanted the owner of the house whose name is in the blue book to be present.

The OP's wife is apparently the owner of the house. It is different than your situation.

all i needed was copy of aal the pages of the blue book singed, copy of id signed to proof who owns the house, the phone number of the owner (hers) and a letter signed by her tells that i lived with her and the address is the primary address in Thailand where I stayed and could been seen as my Thai address. worked fine for with me  already for many years.