Apple products available to order for delivery from today

Great, thanks. I don’t know how I missed that, I have been checking the store 4 times a day.

But still no appleTV .. ????

I ended up buying a token 1 airtag for the wife, I was thinking about a pack of 4 but I hardly go out to lose anything at the moment.

7 hours ago, recom273 said:

Great, thanks. I don’t know how I missed that, I have been checking the store 4 times a day.

But still no appleTV .. ????

I ended up buying a token 1 airtag for the wife, I was thinking about a pack of 4 but I hardly go out to lose anything at the moment.

The Apple TV HD is available, just not the 4K 

I also have an AirTag on the way but the holders, also from China, are not the apple ones but coming through Lazada. 

I also found that safari in my iPhone and iPad will not let me login with an Apple ID so I had to use chrome 

Don’t you use the Apple store app?

None of the ATV are available .. the HD has nothing new apart from a new remote, and for the 1100B saving, and a downgrade in processor, A12 to A8, not worth looking at.

F3CA659E-A0C3-43EF-A1F7-51D7607BD102.png

8 minutes ago, pagallim said:

Apple TV 4K easily available from Lazada (I have one).   Just be sure that you use the 'Local' option in the search to ensure it's coming from Thailand.   An example:

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/apple-tv-4k-64gb-istudio-by-uficon-i941476506-s1943876569.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.2.51811101s83k0W&search=1

That’s the old model.

Not that I’m obsessed with the latest tech, it’s just I’m looking to move my home hub from an iPad that’s always on to the ATV and the new one has thread. I would be happy with a second hand HD or 4K but the ones I saw in fb in the past are only a couple of K under the price of a new one.

Edited by recom273

19 minutes ago, recom273 said:

That’s the old model.

Not that I’m obsessed with the latest tech, it’s just I’m looking to move my home hub from an iPad that’s always on to the ATV and the new one has thread. I would be happy with a second hand HD or 4K but the ones I saw in fb in the past are only a couple of K under the price of a new one.

OK.   Just looking at the spec of the latest one, and apart from the new processor, I can't see a great deal of difference apart from some of the remote functions.   Mine works fine with Siri, and I download 4K media quite a lot, and it streams fine wirelessly from my iMac.

It might be worthwhile looking at getting one from Amazon.com (US) site which quotes a price of some 4,400 baht plus import and shipping fees (though it's unavailable at the moment).   I regularly use Amazon as I find even with the shipping and import costs, it's still cheaper than what I can get in Thailand.

1 minute ago, pagallim said:

OK.   Just looking at the spec of the latest one, and apart from the new processor, I can't see a great deal of difference apart from some of the remote functions.   Mine works fine with Siri, and I download 4K media quite a lot, and it streams fine wirelessly from my iMac.

It might be worthwhile looking at getting one from Amazon.com (US) site which quotes a price of some 4,400 baht plus import and shipping fees (though it's unavailable at the moment).   I regularly use Amazon as I find even with the shipping and import costs, it's still cheaper than what I can get in Thailand.

I think I can wait. 

Yup, it’s more about the home automation features than video.

8 hours ago, recom273 said:

Don’t you use the Apple store app?

None of the ATV are available .. the HD has nothing new apart from a new remote, and for the 1100B saving, and a downgrade in processor, A12 to A8, not worth looking at.

F3CA659E-A0C3-43EF-A1F7-51D7607BD102.png

I use the web page, as for various reasons I have a couple of Apple IDs and the main one is for the U.K. store. 

You say the No Apple TV is available but the picture you put up shows that it is available, the delivery isn’t fast but it’s available to order delivery June 2nd to 9th. 

Now as to the benefit of the HD models, that’s a different discussion. 

On 5/25/2021 at 8:02 PM, sometimewoodworker said:

I am also now waiting on an 11” M1 iPad Pro that should be here in 2~3 weeks, badly needed as my iPad Air 2 has both battery and display problems 

The estimated delivery date has just been reduced by a week so the manufacturing of Thai spec units is either going faster than expected or, less likely, the demand is down on predictions. 

@sometimewoodworker

Airtags are shipping - With a bit of luck will be here tomorrow from SG (for sure Friday) 

After the disappointing appearance of the new iMac - I bought a 250GB/16GB Mac Mini, not too sure if that’s a wise purchase, maybe there will be a M1X announced soon, but will take forever to be available here and then prolly more than I need and want to spend. Something needed to change, my old MacBook is in unsupported OS.

B02CDAC9-1C52-459E-A318-8ADB8F193558.jpeg

34 minutes ago, recom273 said:

@sometimewoodworker

Airtags are shipping - With a bit of luck will be here tomorrow from SG (for sure Friday) 

After the disappointing appearance of the new iMac - I bought a 250GB/16GB Mac Mini, not too sure if that’s a wise purchase, maybe there will be a M1X announced soon, but will take forever to be available here and then prolly more than I need and want to spend. Something needed to change, my old MacBook is in unsupported OS.

B02CDAC9-1C52-459E-A318-8ADB8F193558.jpeg

@recom273 I probably ordered mine after you as  it’s only preparing to ship or maybe the engraving takes a bit of time, though estimated delivery is the same as yours. 

168C3454-92CA-4D4F-B43A-EEF91D21E83D.thumb.jpeg.9104ff8eb79e032591f83ccd5f5305d3.jpeg

My iPad is still processing but has been bumped up a week, so soon ????

a new CPU takes time to adapt to, I’ve done that several times, so give yourself a few months before being too sure of your opinion, specially as your one the vanguard of adoptees. 

Edited by sometimewoodworker

30 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

@recom273 I probably ordered mine after you as  it’s only preparing to ship or maybe the engraving takes a bit of time, though estimated delivery is the same as yours. 

168C3454-92CA-4D4F-B43A-EEF91D21E83D.thumb.jpeg.9104ff8eb79e032591f83ccd5f5305d3.jpeg

My iPad is still processing but has been bumped up a week, so soon ????

a new CPU takes time to adapt to, I’ve done that several times, so give yourself a few months before being too sure of your opinion, specially as your one the vanguard of adoptees. 

I skipped the engraving - I ordered on the same day you posted this.