Video: Shot fired at National Park helicopter surveying land encroachment in Kaeng Krachan

webfact

7pmVI.jpg

Picture: Sanook

Sanook reported on an incident in the skies above the Kang Krachan national park in Phetchaburi when a shot was fired at a survey helicopter.

An AS 350 was surveying an area of the park where there is suspicion of illegal encroachment. 

At 41 seconds of a video a shot could be heard with one ranger saying "we've been fired at" in Thai. 

Sanook reported that a man and a woman had emerged from the jungle to an area where vegetables were being grown and were visible to the staff on the helicopter. The pilot was even able to see the gun used, a Thai made one. 

The rangers were forced to flee and land at a base 7 kilometers away to inspect potential damage to the copter's engine. 

There was none. 

logo.thumb.jpg.58700f12f9218149b3e2f82126b72e4d.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-05-20

• Sad 2
  • Haha 2

... 555, obviously pizzed off the wrong melon farmer who just wanted to take a nap in his hammock when they cluttered in with their noisy ride ...

Said woman probably tried to hold him back, anyway, coulda been worse, he could've used his rocket launcher.

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Reminds me of a book I read years ago called Chickenhawk by Robert Mason.

He was a Huey pilot in Vietnam.

Fantastic read if anyone is interested.

The authors backstory is pretty interesting as well, both before and after publication.  A bit of drug running and incarceration.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Mason_(writer)

Edited by dddave

These encroachers just take the land as if it was theirs .

They cut the trees , destroy about everything because they are looking for personal profit only .

The best place for them is a Covid infected overcrowded prison cell .

Edited by nobodysfriend

10 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

How to win friends and influence people, welcome to the forum ????????????????????????

You're gonna have a fun time.

Thank you, but I live already here for more than 20 years and respond before under a different name.

But once TV did very difficult, and I change to this name.

Maybe this farmer will soon see the police and a military squad, fully armed to see why he is

encroaching, and why he shot at the helicopter.  A small exercise for the bored army, and a mission for the police.

I am waiting for all the photos from this incident. 

Geezer

Are they really sure this was Thailand? Why not blame the Burmese as they normally do, after all Kaeng Krachan and the jungle continues into Burma (Myanmar) and becomes Tanintharyi National park. Perhaps the chopper squad unknowingly crossed the border?. Either way, the noise those machines make would make many want to take a pot shot to silence them. Any follow up ranger patrols? If not then why not?

I hiked up to Pa La-U waterfall in Kaeng Krachan a few years ago and at the upper level it was less than 3kms from the Myanmar border.

2018_11_22_13.11.34.jpg