Thailand Receives More 1.5 Millions of Sinovac Vaccine

snoop1130

03-9-e1621484327520-1-1024x535.jpg

BANGKOK, May 20 (TNA) – The Chinese Embassy in Bangkok posted on its Facebook page that 1.5 million more doses of the Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine, procured by the Thai government had arrived in Bangkok.

So far, China has already exported and donated eight lots of Sinovac vaccine to Thailand or six million doses in total.

As Thailand is allocating Covid-19 vaccines to speed up the vaccination campaign nationwide, the resort town of Pattaya today started inoculating its population with Sinovac vaccine. 

Full Story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-700442

tnalogo.jpg

-- © Copyright TNA 2021-05-20

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

to speed up the vaccination campaign nationwide, the resort town of Pattaya today started inoculating its population with Sinovac vaccine.

Funny, my wife went to get on the lists this week and was told no chance until next month

• Sad 2

1.5 million doses is a drop in the ocean, and why is China donating the vaccine,  hasn't this Government got the cash to purchase large orders   ie 20 million at a time, until the locally produced AZ is available.... 

• Thanks 1

Given the Sinovac Vaccine, trade named "CoronaVac" only has a 56-65% Efficacy as per https://www.bmj.com/content/373/bmj.n969 . The tech use to make the CoronaVac is the same as the Flu and only works on specific strains of Covid.

If Thailand is using this Vaccine they should closely monitor the strain (DNA) of Covid on the Thai population to insure that this Vaccine is still relevant.

Personally, I will get this vaccine if presented with the opportunity, however, I will still be getting the Moderna Vaccine when it comes available to private hospitals in Thailand.

18 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

So far, China has already exported and donated eight lots of Sinovac vaccine to Thailand or six million doses in total.

sure donated because nobody else wants it.... it appears Thailand become the (vaccine) garbage disposal of China

29 minutes ago, Megascott said:

Personally, I will get this vaccine if presented with the opportunity, however, I will still be getting the Moderna Vaccine when it comes available to private hospitals in Thailand.

Don't hold your breath.

Have you tried to register at a private hospital for the Moderna vaccination as the Government advised. They don't want to pre register clients, they want the Government to buy, then they order as required. 

The local Government hospital told me on Tuesday the Moderna will be available later, only now it will be offered by them and not the private hospitals, for a price of course.

Edited by Tanoshi