Arriving on Visa Exempt - What Extension Possibilities Do You Have?

Hello ThaiVisa Members,

I'm coming to Thailand on the visa exempt which I believe will give me 45 days. I have a flexible return air ticket.  

When I've finished my ASQ stay can I go to Immigration, and get a 60 day covid extension?

I have a Thai wife, and children there but don't have 400k in a Thai bank account any more, and the 40k a month isn't a go either for now but will be soon.

Would I be able to extend the visa exempt to a 60 days ext for family reasons? I have all docs for that. 

Would just like to stay there as long a possible.

Thank you 

You can first apply for a 30 day extension and then the one time only 60 day extension to visit your wife.

Or at this time you can also apply for 60 day covid 19 extension that can be applied for more than one time.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You can first apply for a 30 day extension and then the one time only 60 day extension to visit your wife.

Or at this time you can also apply for 60 day covid 19 extension that can be applied for more than one time.

Thank you UbonJoe, I will do it like that until my finances improve or better still the borders open again, and we can pop to Laos for a Non O. The good old days!  

11 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I seen  some post about  changes in the covid 19 extension, supposedly extensions will only be granted to people who can prove they can't get back into there home country. This was posted yesterday evening on one of the Pai expat forums.

• Confused 1

57 minutes ago, Daithi85 said:

I seen  some post about  changes in the covid 19 extension, supposedly extensions will only be granted to people who can prove they can't get back into there home country. This was posted yesterday evening on one of the Pai expat forums.

Just a unfounded rumor posted on some odd forum somewhere. There is no requirement to prove you cannot return to your home country.