10 Bangkok markets closed to curb COVID-19 spread

webfact

7A5C5BFC-2553-407C-A9F9-91AA40517CB9.jpg

Cleaning and disinfection of markets in Bang Khae district, after its closure on 16th-18th May

The Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) has ordered the closure of 10 markets in the capital, as the rate of new COVID-19 infections is still increasing and spreading across the city.

The markets ordered to close are:

• Ying Charoen Market, Bang Khen district (May 14th – 24th)
  • Din Daeng Central Market (May 12th – 21st)
  • Bang Kapi Market (May 20th – 22nd)
  • Klong Toey Market (May 15th – June 4th)
  • Sam Yan Market, Pathumwan district (May 18th – 20th)
  • Nong Chok Fresh Market (May 19th – 31st)
  • Sai Nate Market, Kannayao district (May 20th – 22nd)
  • Sala Nam Ron Market, Bangkok Noi district (May 14th – 22nd)
  • Lam Nok Khwaek Market, Nong Chok district (May 19th – 21st)
  • Phuyai Uan Flea Market, Lat Phrao district (May 20th – 22nd) 

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/10-bangkok-markets-closed-to-curb-covid-19-spread/

Logo-top-.png
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

Yep, markets closed, masks required if two or more people are in the car together.  No swimming in the ocean, quarantines for those exposed.  

Oh but hold my beer while we set up places to get you vaccinated.  I am sure glad that Covid can't spread in any of these centers while waiting to get vaccinated. 

May be an image of 1 person, standing and outdoors

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thomas J said:

Yep, markets closed, masks required if two or more people are in the car together.  No swimming in the ocean, quarantines for those exposed.  

Oh but hold my beer while we set up places to get you vaccinated.  I am sure glad that Covid can't spread in any of these centers while waiting to get vaccinated. 

May be an image of 1 person, standing and outdoors

It was like this at MTT immigration when making a 90 day in person report in April 2021.

• Like 1

Kill the economy, close all entertainment, force mask wearing - then suggest that if Thais want their freedom and lives back to take a jab.  Coming in the next couple of months.  Problem, reaction, solution with a carrot and a stick.
Until then - maximum pressure on the plebs.

• Like 1

It fascinates me that golf courses and large shopping malls are open for business as usual (decorated with hydrogels and QR codes) while vendors living off marginal profits in fresh markets are punished. 

It looks like a very selective virus. Exclusive and posh I would dare say. It seems more like something installed in the lower echelons of society than in anyone's immune system. Interesting.