USB on 3BB router

KannikaP

I have bog standard 3BB latest router, Fiberhome GPON ONU,  which has a USB port on the back.

Can this be used for a 'network' drive or printer, anyone, please?

And if so, how to set it up.

Its possible obsolete and used for router updates, or a separate function.   Most printers and other modern hardware are wireless now, or linked to the computer not the router.  If its a shared printer it can be linked through the CPU.

The list from this site seems still up-to-date.

https://forum.huawei.com/enterprise/en/how-to-use-the-usb-function-of-a-huawei-ont/thread/464849-100181

What I remember from other routers was the possibility to connect a wireless network adapter ("dongle") as an alternative connectivity (mobile network).

Just checked on my HG8145V5 and indeed there is some ftp server to be configured.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/22/2021 at 12:56 PM, KhunBENQ said:

The list from this site seems still up-to-date.

https://forum.huawei.com/enterprise/en/how-to-use-the-usb-function-of-a-huawei-ont/thread/464849-100181

What I remember from other routers was the possibility to connect a wireless network adapter ("dongle") as an alternative connectivity (mobile network).

Just checked on my HG8145V5 and indeed there is some ftp server to be configured.

yeah, mine is similar, I wanted to use it as a file server/network share for Plex etc but it only worked as an FTP which was a pain and I gave up on it.